Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 09-05-2011

Default More than one reason

David-

I've had my coach since April of last year, and have been living and working out of it full-time for a year this past August. I paid $55K and spent about $20K getting it "road-ready"--$6,000 of which was for a new set of Michelins. I spent another $15K on upgrades--new flooring throughout, new TV and sound system, recovering the valances and front seats, new desk/work area, etc. The coach would have been very functional without this, but not as "ideal" as it now is for my needs.

After a year of living and working out of my coach full-time (in much the same fashion as you describe), I can tell you I wouldn't consider doing this in anything BUT a Blue Bird. Yes, they're big and heavy, but for full-timing that means more storage space, larger tank capacities (what other motorhome will carry 150 gallons of fresh water, 200 gallons of grey/black water, and 300 gallons of fuel?), and more conveniences.

The guys at Coachworx in Tampa told me once that if a hurricane ever came through they were going to look for the nearest Blue Bird on the lot and get in it, and they work on a lot of high-end coaches. When you have full fuel and water tanks you have a sense of security and freedom that you can go anywhere you want and have everything you might need when you get there.

As I have told others, if I hadn't bought a Blue Bird for all the reasons listed above, I would have done so just for the online community and help & support I have gotten from this forum. I'm currently parked in Hershey, PA (most everyone will know who lives there) and visiting wonderful friends I didn't even know a year ago. We changed the oil on my coach and generator yesterday, and replaced my inverter today. All of this would have taken a lot of time and expense that I didn't have to spend because of this forum, and there is a real feeling of empowerment to being able to do all of this yourself, with new friends ready to help--in person and online too.

The rallies and get togethers are a whole different chapter too, and only add to the fun and camaraderie. If you have spent very much time on this forum you will already know a lot of this, but I will add that I have had very few problems with my coach since I started full-timing 12 months and 20,000 miles ago--and none that required an overnight repair anywhere.
(Previously Pair of Jacks)
Saint Petersburg, FL
Old 11-19-2012

It's been a few months since we saw this thread. I thought the photo below was fitting... Too bad the photographer did not use a bus... but an Airstream is OK in my book. Someone needs to jazz up their "colorful" Florida coach (hint, hint Mr Jim) this Christmas and make up a photo like this!

"Savor the wine of youth, for it is a drink that can be consumed only once”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912