Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-27-2012

Default 89SP air leaks..MMO..can't find thread

I have contacted Kyle Loft, and met him yesterday. He will be calling me today to schedule coming over to find air leak.
I got some MMO now as suggested buy some members. Where and how much should I put in?? Keep in mind I have a factory optional Air compressor that is plumbed to the air dryer. Dont know if schrader valve does too or not. You wouldnt want to induce MMO previous to air dryer, correct? I would think that would be a no no.
I cant seem to find my previous posts on air leaks, as I am still learnig this forum..
thanks for all your help and several phone calls...
Old 06-27-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsp36man View Post
I have contacted Kyle Loft, and met him yesterday. He will be calling me today to schedule coming over to find air leak.
I got some MMO now as suggested buy some members. Where and how much should I put in?? Keep in mind I have a factory optional Air compressor that is plumbed to the air dryer. Dont know if schrader valve does too or not. You wouldnt want to induce MMO previous to air dryer, correct? I would think that would be a no no.
I cant seem to find my previous posts on air leaks, as I am still learnig this forum..

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General > Need mechanic or shop in DFW area to find air leak

Here is how to find all of your threads and posts.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features >How do I find all of my posts?

Put in your favorites for future reference, there is a lot of helpful information in this thread Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 06-27-2012

Default Air leaks

I crawled under my SP with a spray bottle of water with a few drops of liquid detergent. I found 6 leaks on the air step, several around the Bendix cruise control and one on the air operated waste valve. All except the waste valve were brass threaded fittings. I haven't gotten them all yet, but I will. Each of the leaks were small, but in total I am sure they were responsible for a lot of air. Still looking!
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 06-27-2012

Hey Mark, If you figure out where to put the MMO, let us know. There is another thread going on schematics
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...t=13850&page=2

Here's the schematic: http://tinyurl.com/bm9q38f

I have a 90 SP. If I read the schematic correctly, both the Schrader Valve and the quick disconnect for the aux air compressor both go to the air dryer. I'd like to lube the air system too, but am also hesitant to start injecting without confirming the spot.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 06-27-2012

Good going guys. Don't stop now.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 06-27-2012

I think the best place to inject the MMO is the air fitting in the hot water tank bay. That fitting is an output, so it is BEYOND the air dryer. That is how I do it.

Here's a posting about it, and a picture of the injection device I built last year...

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...8&postcount=50
Linden, Michigan
Old 06-27-2012

Thanks Robert, I'll give that a shot. I'm pretty new to the bird but I believe I have an air fitting next to the hot water tank. I bought the parts to build an injector from Harbor Freight including an injector for air tools. Do you use standard MMO or the MMO for air tools? Thanks again, Dan
Old 06-27-2012
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlsp36man View Post
Where are you Ed? I'll be in Arlington tomorrow and can show you where how I inject MMO into my system. PM me, or call my cell 8 one 7 4 zero 3 5 nine 3 1.

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 06-27-2012
Consistently clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBiscuit View Post
Thanks Robert, I'll give that a shot. I'm pretty new to the bird but I believe I have an air fitting next to the hot water tank. I bought the parts to build an injector from Harbor Freight including an injector for air tools. Do you use standard MMO or the MMO for air tools? Thanks again, Dan
Dan, I think Randy is the one who got this whole thing started and he didn't specify one or the other. In later threads the air tool oil seemed to gain favor, and that is what I used. Either might work equally well, but for me it seemed reasonable to use the air tool oil. Worked too. My air leaks are just about completely gone.

1990 WB-40 Royal Conversion
GS 810327023 -- FMCA 421581 -- SKP 109591

"[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities... [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I]"
Walt Kelly, 08/25/1913 - 10/18/1973
Old 06-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBiscuit View Post
Dan,

No problem. Glad to help. Donn is right about your question about what type of MMO to use. I am using 'regular', just because my local store didn't carry the air tool specific variety.

So far, my plan is to do an MMO injection twice a year ish. Keep in mind, there are some on WOG who don't think injecting oil into the air system is a good idea, but it seems to prove over an over again that it solves a lot of air related problems.
Linden, Michigan