Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 04-14-2013

Default where to park

If you are passing thru a town or city and want to stop for the day, unhook the toad and see some sites and then move on, where do you park for the day?
Old 04-14-2013
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwtw View Post
If you are passing thru a town or city and want to stop for the day, unhook the toad and see some sites and then move on, where do you park for the day?
It really depends on the city. Some have special rv parking but most don't.
I am planning a stop in Damarascotta, Maine and I did a google search for large parking areas, then I sent off a note to the local Chamber of Commerce about the municipal lots. I haven't received an answer yet.

I have used Walmarts for day stops as well. I usually ask at the customer service desk (pushing a shopping cart) and they seem to be OK with it. It also shouldn't hurt to try asking the local police in a rural town.

Often we will just find a side street that looks safe and park there, but usually not for the entire day.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 04-14-2013

We have parked our rigs everywhere, in the middle of town (in Lindsborg, KS), on a side street, in a parking lot of a business we KNOW will be closed the next day (check their open hours sign on the door), empty lots, Mall parking lots... the only place I recall getting kicked out of was when I parked at the entrance of Garden of the Gods in an upper parking lot. I failed to notice the 'no overnight parking' sign but a local law enforcement official let us know about it at 2am...
Old 04-15-2013

Default thank you

thank you for the replies. You gave me a few ideas I never would have thought of to park.