Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 06-04-2014

Default AC Drain Lines

Anyone know where the drain lines are for the roof airs? I want to start on my preventative stuff after it comes back from the shop in a couple of weeks so getting my list together
Old 06-04-2014
AKA Tent Boy

Paul,
On the 37' they are behind or in front of road side tires, yours may be different...
Mine are red tubes...
HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post
Anyone know where the drain lines are for the roof airs? I want to start on my preventative stuff after it comes back from the shop in a couple of weeks so getting my list together

Larry Dill & Barbara Ribar
Yuma, AZ. 85367
'95 37' BMC 'Pura Vida'
'84 35' FCSB SOLD
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
sailor7cs@gmail.com
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=26

"Barbara does all the driving, I just hold the wheel"
Old 06-04-2014

On my 37 footer they are on the drivers side even with the roof a/c unit.

Turn on the a/c units and look for dripping water/wet spots after about 20 minutes should work.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 06-04-2014

The water comes from the roof on mine and once I heard there were drain lines I knew I needed to find mine.

Can I locate these lines by taking the cover of the AC units off? Should it be pretty obvious or do I need to partially remove the units themselves to find the beginning of the lines?
Old 06-04-2014
Forum owner

no need to pull the covers,look on the front side of the units,between the unit and the roof on each side.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post
The water comes from the roof on mine and once I heard there were drain lines I knew I needed to find mine.

Can I locate these lines by taking the cover of the AC units off? Should it be pretty obvious or do I need to partially remove the units themselves to find the beginning of the lines?
I had the same problem with my center HVAC unit due to the drain being clogged from many years of dust and dirt slowly draining down the small red condensate line. When the coach was built, they ran the center drain line down the road side wall next to the galley window, then installed 2 brass 90° compression elbows to exit the drain to the center of the coach near the front of the 300 gallon fuel tank. The line was so clogged, I could not get it to clear and had to reroute it after opening the interior wall under the sink and splicing in a new drain line routing it to drain between the 1st and 2nd road side cargo doors.
Bad design in my opinion as the horizontal line from the wall to the center of the coach near the fuel tank allows the accumulation of any solids to block the drain completely, especially in high dust areas such as the southwest.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
Old 06-08-2014

Default BMC AC Drains

I think the BMC's were a bad design on AC drains. When I had a back AC leak into the inside cabinet, someone said that there is an inside elbow in the roof that either breaks or gets loose and the tubes leak at that elbow. The fix was to caulk the cup in the roof that collects the water out of the bottom of the AC and drops it into the tube. Then the water just flows over the side of the bus to the ground, not even going in the tube. I was told I could fix the tube by tearing out the inside roof, but no one I know ever did that, they just filled those roof holes with caulk. I think there is a post on the forum somewhere about doing that.

My front ones lasted about another 5 years draining in the tubes, but about 2 years ago started leaking inside so I did the same thing up front on both side like the back. No more problems.

I can't understand why BB didn't use flexible tubing, which would not have broken or leaked and would have been easy to clean if needed.

The engineers were off that day? .

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117