Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 08-31-2009
davidmbrady

Dennis,

I seem to recall Benny Collier mentioning that Valid made the slide, but don't hold me to it.

It's very upsetting that HWH won't work on it. It's hard to imagine any company in the RV industry turning down business in this economy. Maybe you can try again and talk with a different person, or maybe escalate it???

Good luck.
Old 08-31-2009

Valid Manufacturing never made slides or slide controls for Bluebird. Now if you had a prevost or newell

But a good guess would intelletec

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 08-31-2009

Johnny Anderson, Service Manger was tied up in the middle of a deal (866.461.2613) and given the time difference and my schedule, I will call him back tomorrow. Hope to find out who made the slides, the computers for the slides and if they are still in business.

More later.

Dennis
Email DennisTorresMalibu@gmail.com
Old 08-31-2009
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Valid Manufacturing never made slides or slide controls for Bluebird. Now if you had a prevost or newell

But a good guess would intelletec
You're right, it wasn't Valid, and it's not Intellitec, they don't do slides. It's not Power Gear, or HWH... I have a feeling BlueBird did the entire thing.
Old 08-31-2009

Based on what Lloyd said having gone through 2 other CPU's, as soon as I get some time, I am going to work on designing a new operating system. I may not be good at installing stuff, but I am pretty good at designing stuff. If any of the people in this Group want to work on this project let me know and we can set up an email/phone design committee and talk off this Group line and report back to the Group when we have findings or need Group input. From what I heard so far this does not seem like "rocket science" we are dealing with just switches, sensors, relays and motors; by today's standards that's low technology.

Dennis
Old 08-31-2009
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Based on what Lloyd said having gone through 2 other CPU's, as soon as I get some time, I am going to work on designing a new operating system. I may not be good at installing stuff, but I am pretty good at designing stuff. If any of the people in this Group want to work on this project let me know and we can set up an email/phone design committee and talk off this Group line and report back to the Group when we have findings or need Group input. From what I heard so far this does not seem like "rocket science" we are dealing with just switches, sensors, relays and motors; by today's standards that's low technology.

Dennis
Hey Dennis!! what are you saying??
we want to be a part of this! (well,I do anyway!)
Please keep us in the loop!

I remember going through the plant and seeing slides under construction,they told us they were building the slides...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-31-2009

Hi Randy, Of course I will keep you and this Group in the loop. What I intended by my message was I did not want to clutter up the Threads with conversation only updates and findings. To someone like me this Group is extremely important and valuable and now that BB is closed even more so.

Dennis
Old 08-31-2009
Forum owner

Thanks Dennis!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-31-2009
davidmbrady

Dennis,

1) Find out what switches and signals you have on your slide: momentary, maintained, limit, etc.

2) Find out the STATE that the switches signify and the signals they put off: ROOM IN, ROOM OUT, CLAMPS LATCHED, SEAL INFLATED, etc; Ground or Positive Voltage; .

3) Find out the EVENT that triggers each switch: key turned, extend button pushed, slide extended, slide clamp retracted, air seal vacuumed, etc.

4) Itemize the ACTION(s) to be taken by each EVENT: deflate air seal, extend room, clamp latches, etc.

5) Draw a state diagram that shows the STATES as bubbles, with arrows pointing in the direction of allowed STATE transitions. Label the arrows with the "Event/Action" required in order to traverse to the new state.

6) Find a circuit that does everything you need. Haha
Old 08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
You're right, it wasn't Valid, and it's not Intellitec, they don't do slides. It's not Power Gear, or HWH... I have a feeling BlueBird did the entire thing.

your right intellitec does not do slides they do control systems and electronics
bluebird designed and built the "later" slides but they did not do the electronics
the system that is in question at the moment is the rear slide on a m380 an electric drive system. The problem is the electronics. A bunch of plcs that malfunction or get mixed up. It has a linear slide a worm gear
Valid knows of the system but they will not offer any advice on it.
HWH offers a Hydraulic system,Power gear offers a light weight solution either hydraulic or driven by small electric gear motors

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267 or 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact