Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 5 Days Ago

Perhaps the relay was replaced and wired wrong or has gone bad.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 5 Days Ago

Sure looks like it.....

If I read correctly the diagrams, this Groco booster pump will run all the time the engine is turned on, regardless if heat is needed or not and the Mercedes valve regulates the heat based on the slider switch position next to the driver left knee.

I am not sure I like that or see a reason why this pump should run all the time in the summer.....for one, wear on the pump ( which I found it is shot - need a new pump) and second, sending hot coolant upfront when it is not needed.....

Maybe I should consider feeding power to the pump via a relay and separate switch on the dash ( plenty of open blank positions) and only have it come on when it is really needed.....I can see this fighting the dash A/C in the summer...
Old 5 Days Ago
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiLights View Post
Sure looks like it.....

If I read correctly the diagrams, this Groco booster pump will run all the time the engine is turned on, regardless if heat is needed or not and the Mercedes valve regulates the heat based on the slider switch position next to the driver left knee.

I am not sure I like that or see a reason why this pump should run all the time in the summer.....for one, wear on the pump ( which I found it is shot - need a new pump) and second, sending hot coolant upfront when it is not needed.....

Maybe I should consider feeding power to the pump via a relay and separate switch on the dash ( plenty of open blank positions) and only have it come on when it is really needed.....I can see this fighting the dash A/C in the summer...
Just a warning, if you have the electroluminescent dash, never drill a hole in it, it will destroy it. Add switches somewhere else. Sometimes there are available unused switches labeled accessory on the dash.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 5 Days Ago

Of course....there are 6 open accessory switch positions now with blank plates
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Of course....there are 6 open accessory switch positions now with blank plates
On my Aux pump switch, everything is in place the switch and wires all there but they are capped off and it looks like it was from the factory that way. You may have the same and can use that switch.

1990 Wanderlodge SP 36
Old 5 Days Ago

I don't have an Aux Pump switch on the dash, nor a Winter/Summer switch....91's seem to be different than earlier models in this respect.
Our friends have a 90 that does not have an Aux Pump switch as well and no Engine Preheat switch to activate the second pump when you would want the Primus/Webasto to preheat the engine block.
Mine has an Engine Preheat switch on the overhead panel. According to the manual, this pump has dual purpose. One to preheat the engine if desired when you turn on the Webasto and also to provide engine coolant to the interior radiators while driving for heating purposes.....not for dash heat....that is why they have the other booster pump for the lines that go only to the dash.
Old 5 Days Ago

I have that same pump in the same location as yours but I am unclear if it actually works or if it is just the engine water pump pushing the hot antifreeze up to the dash and around. I do know my dash heat did not heat at all until I bled the air out of the front heater core which required me to open a small valve located in the front access panel to let the air out.

1990 Wanderlodge SP 36
Old 5 Days Ago
Goat rails in the sunset

Quote:
Sure looks like it.....

Blue-bird changed things at some point around 89-91. According to this post from an earlier surge on the question of SP dashboard heat, the Mercedes valve had a Groco aux pump power switching function in a microswitch. Big aha!

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...&postcount=134
Portsmouth, Va
Old 4 Days Ago

On my 89SP that booster pump was totally removed eons ago. I still get all the heat I need from that coolant loop from the way powerful water pump on the CAT.

Try hooking the groco pump inlet and outlet lines together bypassing the pump and see what you got.
Valparaiso, In.