Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 01-29-2018

We talked to the folks about this one also. It was intriguing to us but just too far for us to travel when we have so many on the east coast to choose from. The sellers son had listed the coach on Craigslist and it was oddly posted in the Grand Island, Nebraska area. It's a great looking one and hopefully the one for you Mr. B!
georgiacorvette@outlook.com
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks
Old 01-29-2018

Corona, CA. Listed for $50k asking, but looks better at $40k.

https://grandisland.craigslist.org/r...455218962.html

Contact Barbra ☎ (951) 531-5565
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
(772) 335-348 nine
Old 01-29-2018

Looks pretty nice to me. Love the blue exterior color. Nice job on the CL adv photos.
Old 01-29-2018

Huh. Nebraska. Explains why I never saw it. Also, it's titled Blue Bird and I always forget to search CL with that term.

He just called back and I will be meeting up with him tomorrow morning. I'll be making my purchase decision then, of course. Unless I somehow missed a glaring issue before, I'm pretty sure I'll be buying it.
Old 01-29-2018

Personal experience with the "You Snooze, You Lose":

I made an offer on my bus within 12 hours of the posting going up on WOG, and it was posted about 1:00 AM local. I was not the first person interested and had to wait until someone else turned it down. The first bus I thought about seriously I dithered for a day or so and am not now the proud owner thereof.

To sort of quote Randy, "Have the car gassed up, vacation time available, a bag packed, and financing arranged." The good ones sometimes only last an hour or two.

Enjoy your new (to you) bus. Stop by the WOG meetup in October at Pine Mountain when you're on the right coast.
850 814 9022
Old 01-29-2018

I may be a suspicious old cynic but this Sale sucks! I knew I had seen that unit for sale a few months ago. Sure enough it was on one of those strange free for sale sites. In Oct. it was priced @ $68,000. Then it appeared on Jan 12 @ $47,000. I am beginning to think the OP may have started this thread to promote a sale. He might be the seller?? Buyers beware.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 01-29-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I may be a suspicious old cynic but this Sale sucks! I knew I had seen that unit for sale a few months ago. Sure enough it was on one of those strange free for sale sites. In Oct. it was priced @ $68,000. Then it appeared on Jan 12 @ $47,000. I am beginning to think the OP may have started this thread to promote a sale. He might be the seller?? Buyers beware.
Yes, I've read many of your posts, and from what I've read, you seem to think the worst case about many people and birds!!!

I think the OP deserves the benefit of the doubt...I thought I remembered this coach. It was in Texas, on a dealers lot, listed on EBay. After a few clicks of the keyboard to research it on WOG...here's where it was discussed...
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=25583

I also remembered a guy from California buying it, joined WOG, and fixed it up...his WOG handle is "Atlas".

He offered it for sale on WOG here...
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=26859

This search took me a total of two minutes (LOVE WOG!)...just a piece of unsolicited advice, maybe we should use the WOG tools at our disposal to research something before we insult new members who seem to be just seeking advice.

Good luck whatever you do Rust!
Old 01-29-2018

Quote:
Mildew on both walls at the front section of the unit. About 10' along the wall starting from the front door and driver's seat going backward towards the rear of the coach. Wall behind mildew wallpaper seem firm to the touch. I knocked along both walls around the window sill but could not find any soft wood on the wall. It seem that the window may be getting condensation and passing that condensation along to the wall. What was more troubling was the wood trim at the top right above both of the first windows in the front shown wood warping, as if water had been leaking from the roof onto the wood trim at the top corners of the wall.

In front of the shower on the corner of the fantastic fan was ceiling vinyl drupe down. At this intersection of 3 ceiling vinyl there was the same drupe. I peal back a small bit of the vinyl to see the ceiling condition and saw wood rout. I pushed my index finger into the ceiling wood surface and it was wet and soft. I suspect that the fantastic fan cover may be letting water into the coach.
Oh dear
Old 01-30-2018

Good catch, I'll pass.
Body #F92929
brhodes51@yahoo.com
(772) 335-348 nine
Old 01-30-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBuns View Post
Oh dear
That was before atlas bought it and fixed it up. I would hope that would have been addressed as part of the overhaul but maybe worth reaching out and asking.
VB 1570