Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-09-2018

They didn't change bags. Larger air lines, auxiliary tank, small compressor, couple of black boxes, steering input 'anticipator', dash controls, their own ride height sensors, manifolds, line filters, all other hardware and labor. Takes them 3 days to a week. About $7500.00 5 or 6 years ago. Could be more or less now, I haven't checked.
We have just been talking about the auto level part. The system helps with lean and keeps things a lot more stable in the curves. I believe ForeTravel is offering this on their new coaches.
Old 01-11-2018
Geek

My spare pump arrived today. Looks like the right thing, and you've never seen a more plain-Jane unlabeled generic product!
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 01-12-2018

Yes, mine came Wed. Looks like it will fit so went in my stash. Arrived Q yesterday. T-shirt & shorts weather is WAY better than last year , so far! Placed 2x6’s under each jack due to uneven rocky ground but they worked perfect. So bag leveling will have to wait for that Powerball win. Thanks for the info Garry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5A730C1F-2B41-413D-84A7-C44E426C1D22.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	53324  
Old 01-12-2018
Geek

I see yours has a couple of labels. Mine doesn't even have the SAE label!
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 01-12-2018

Richard leaving Blountstown today. Counting on you guys to take care of him at Quartzsite.
Old 05-22-2019

Good read ! one of my motors has started playing up

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 05-22-2019

Hey Andy,
I'm working on my Bigfoot too.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=33844

I'm sure you know, motors are separate from the pumps themselves. And it seems they are the same or very similar to marine inboard / outboard trim / tilt pumps.

In my case, one corner pump doesn't seem to build lifting pressure, even though the motor runs. It will time out if that is the low corner, never achieving sufficient lift to level.

I have the parts now to swap out the pump. I'm undecided if I will switch the pressure relief for the retract side with the old pump. The specs on the new pump are 500 psi retract and big foot shows their pump @ 1000 psi retract. They are identical on extend (2500 psi) I probably will swap, but also hope that wouldn't affect (it shouldn't) solving my problem.

For $20, I also put together a hydraulic pressure gauge. Bigfoot says the operating pressure should be 2500 psi during extend. The connection is -4 JIC (1/4"). I plan to remove the soft hydraulic line and install the gauge and see what pressure it builds before swapping out. I anticipate this being well below 2500 psi.

Haven't had time to go to the RV, get it out of storage and start looking in to this.
But will post back.

Cheers,

Doug
Ex-PT36
Old 05-22-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Hey Andy,
I'm working on my Bigfoot too.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=33844

I'm sure you know, motors are separate from the pumps themselves. And it seems they are the same or very similar to marine inboard / outboard trim / tilt pumps.

In my case, one corner pump doesn't seem to build lifting pressure, even though the motor runs. It will time out if that is the low corner, never achieving sufficient lift to level. Is the reservoir full of oil? If the low corner takes the maximum pressure to raise the coach, the pump may be failing or the valves leaking internally at high pressure. It is also possible the cylinder maybe leaking internally at high pressure.

I have the parts now to swap out the pump. I'm undecided if I will switch the pressure relief for the retract side with the old pump. The specs on the new pump are 500 psi retract and big foot shows their pump @ 1000 psi retract. They are identical on extend (2500 psi) I probably will swap, but also hope that wouldn't affect (it shouldn't) solving my problem.

For $20, I also put together a hydraulic pressure gauge. Bigfoot says the operating pressure should be 2500 psi during extend. The connection is -4 JIC (1/4"). I plan to remove the soft hydraulic line and install the gauge and see what pressure it builds before swapping out. I anticipate this being well below 2500 psi.

Haven't had time to go to the RV, get it out of storage and start looking in to this.
But will post back.

Cheers,

Doug

Keep us posted.
Old 05-23-2019

Hi Dan and Cindy,
I thank you for the comments. The tech support gurus at Bigfoot and I talked through the issue. Yes, the reservoir is full. They said if there was a cylinder leak, the issue would be consistent and not sporadic (not that you knew this symptom).

Our best guess is the shuttle within the pump, given the sporadic nature of the right rear corner. Usually the corner times out before level and the motor spins, but no lifting action. But, I can get it to work maybe 1 time in 5 if I put in manual mode and exercise the ram several times.

As you know, Bigfoot sells the whole pump system with solenoids for almost $600. The pump alone, was about $120, shipped, new from DB electric. I know I'm taking a chance that this might not work, but I'm optimistic.
In addition to the current motor, I also have a spare which came with my coach.

Will keep you all posted. Next week or two... until then, will leave you on the edge of your seats... or cliff...

Doug
Ex-PT36