Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 06-20-2013

Default paint repair on front of my M 380

As some of you know from Flywheelers rally, Jim "clutz" Brookshire managed to mangle the right front corner fiberglass of his coach. The fact that this was after his repairing the damage that the previous owner had done to the same spot. Well, after several weeks of semi-skilled fiberglass and body filler work, it was time to paint. Many thanks to Randy for suggesting that I contact Lee Condosa for advice. Lee gave me exact instructions about just what paint and clear to buy along with where to purchase it. Dispite my limited painting skills, the job turned out very well. Many, many thanks to Lee for his advice and help.

Yea, I know it didn't happen without pictures. Maybe someone at the rally will take and post some.
Old 06-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
As some of you know from Flywheelers rally, Jim "clutz" Brookshire managed to mangle the right front corner fiberglass of his coach. The fact that this was after his repairing the damage that the previous owner had done to the same spot. Well, after several weeks of semi-skilled fiberglass and body filler work, it was time to paint. Many thanks to Randy for suggesting that I contact Lee Condosa for advice. Lee gave me exact instructions about just what paint and clear to buy along with where to purchase it. Dispite my limited painting skills, the job turned out very well. Many, many thanks to Lee for his advice and help.

Yea, I know it didn't happen without pictures. Maybe someone at the rally will take and post some.
And having personally inspected the repair in question, I believe that Jim "Clutz" did one heck of a good job and I see another career in his future. All kidding aside, if he hadn't told me it was damaged I would not have ever known. Good Job Jim.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278