Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 04-04-2018
Can't re-member

Default 1980 33FC My Navion

1980 33FC side bath

We have owned this bird since 1998 and have more memories in it than I can start to tell of. We have lovingly restored/upgraded many things. I guess you could call her a resto-mod since we have attempted to keep the original look and feel but have upgraded many components not only for looks and comfort but also performance. She is a NA model, though admittedly not as quick in the hills as later turbo models, we have traveled extensively throughout the SE from the Florida Keys to the mountains of Western NC. All the while pulling a Jeep Wrangler. This bird feels like a part of the family after so much work and pleasure as we have put into her, however life changing events are forcing the sale. I am retiring next year and we are building in the mountains of western NC. On the side of a mountain to be exact. It would be very difficult to get her (or any bird for that matter) up our driveway and nowhere nearby to keep and maintain her. Since I do most of my own maintenance I do not want to haul tools to some storage yard for work. This bird starts up easily, runs great, rides great and is one awesomely built coach. Here are some bullet points:

* Swing Radiator modification
* Replaced both roof AC's
* Later model WL heated mirrors (added switch on dash)
* Repainted in original factory colors for 1980
* Replaced all 8 airbags
* LED marker lights
* Gas generator replaced with new PowerTech 8Kw microprocessor controlled diesel generator. New generator on/off switches ($$), new generator gages on dash. Racor 500 separator filter installed for generator. Microprocessor controller does performs diagnostics upon start up and records generator log. Engine is Kubota 3-cyl diesel. Separate (old gas gen tank) 30 gal fuel tank for diesel gen.
* All new Koni shocks (VSD)
* Added Holley "red" fuel pump back near tank, on switched ignition circuit.
* Added Horton engine"air fan" with override switch on dash.
* Inverter with separate inverter panel
* Roll out tool chest in front compartment
* New custom built commercial grade lp hoses (not store bought junk) and fittings for remote connectivity to main lp tank (grills, lanterns etc)
* 2 micro-processor controlled chargers
* Color rear camera with sound and LCD color monitor
* Electric water hose reel from late model WL in rear storage. Works well.
* 4 Zip Dee chairs.
* Main awning fabric replaced with later model BB Sunbrella awning with BB logo.
* I added window awnings to all windows and had a local Sunbrella commercial awing shop sew new awning fabric for each location to my specs. I made the kitchen window awning long enough to cover shower window also to keep down heat in summer.
* 2 new rear wheels (old ones were pitted too bad for polishing)
* Late model Wanderlodge (M450/LC bus) transmission cooler with aeroquip hoses to transmission. Now being removed from the main radiator, this relieves the heat generated by the transmission in summer stop and go traffic thereby allowing the engine to run cooler. I installed a trans temp gage on the dash and in the worst of city stop and go traffic in August heat, the trans stayed cool and the engine rarely ever needed the Horton fan to kick in.
* Outside entertainment with 13" TV and stereo CD player.
* Replaced both "captains chairs" with new Flexsteel ultra leather chairs with visco foam for comfort. $$$$
* New overhead stereo with XM.
* Sony surround sound system with 4 cube speakers, center speaker and subwoofer (hidden)
* 7" Garmin GPS on dash facing driver
* Freightliner custom chrome truck pedals. The throttle pedal required me making new linkage assembly which is much better than factory and is adjustable. The original Ford rubber coated throttle pedals do not hold up well.
* Replaced original Jensen ceiling fan in living room with Fantastic Fan w/rain sensor. I worked with the original owner of Fantastic Fan who sold me the parts directly so that I could mount the controls in the original position over the couch, utilizing the BlueBird faceplate. This kept the original look with added flexibility of controlling all functions of the fan from the couch.
* New laminate wood look flooring in living room and bedroom.
* The couches in the living room have had all of the foam replaced with original density new foam and new fabric made by my wife.
* Custom throw pillows matching the two couches made by my wife.
* Living room curtains, pleated and lined, made by my wife.
* Fluorescent light ballast in LR replaced with electronic ballast.
* Central vacuum with all hose and attachments along with extra bags.
* Very rare living room coffee table with folding legs made by Wanderlodge.
* New faucets in bathroom, kitchen and filtered water.
* New ice maker
* Refrigerator replaced with new Norcold (not on recall list) and I added a refrigerator compartment automatic fire extenguisher
* New fabric on dinette to match living room made by wife
* New dining curtains, pleated and lined, made by my wife
* Ceramic tile in kitchen and bathroom.
* New ceramic "tall" toilet
* The old Pheasant that all 1970's- early 80's birds had on their stove cover replaced with nice looking "bistro look" coffee house image.
* Entrance steps replaced with commercial tread and laminated stairwell
* Safe
* New bedroom curtains pleated and lined by my wife
* New comforter custom made to fit side full bed by my wife.
* I kept the old optional home receiver in the bedroom (AM/FM 8-track) for nostalgia. It still works!
* My wife never did like the idea of a furnace under the bed so I removed the furnace and made a large drawer under the bed and laminated the entire bed pedestal (box) with laminate that matches the stairwell. Either of the other furnaces will run you out of the bird anyhow.
* Bedroom and dining area fluorescent lights replaced with LED's.
* All swivel socket lights through coach replaced with LED's.
* There is a KVH R-5 satellite dome on the roof that I installed and worked great until a really nasty electrical storm knocked out the mother board. You can replace mother board, the whole system, toss it or leave as is.
* A 50-A surge protector (with time delay, brown out shut off etc) goes with the coach as well as various adapters.
* RoadMaster Falcon tow bar goes with coach.
* Have many many Wanderlodge parts that will be sold separately (not all for this bird). Whomever buys this coach will have first shot at them.
* I also have a brand new Roadmaster Falcon tow bar (never used) and its vehicle attachments that will be sold separately upon the sale of this coach.
* As with any 38 year old coach there will be a few minor "fixits" off hand they are: The two rear leveling jacks need rebuilt (new swing bolts and actuators), the level system solenoid needs replacing (I haven't got around to it. Chassis heat needs relay replaced.
* I does need rear tires (age). I always run Michelin tires, but before spending the big dollars on Michelin, I decided to let the buyer decide on what kind of tires so the purchase price already reflects that.

The firm price for this coach is $20K. I live just south of Atlanta (Stockbridge). I am including some pictures but additional pictures or info available upon request. In addition, if you do a search on my postings you will discover more info. Lastly, what can't be sold or replaced is the memories that we have with this bird and the friends we have made through owning her. We have made many long time friends on this group and will hopefully be able to slow down and stay in touch once things settle down. This is a great group and any lurkers or "wanna be's" out there whether you by my coach or another, you cannot do better than a Wanderlodge and a support group such as this. Thanks to Randy for keeping this thing going and for the references. Thanks to everyone else for good times and friendship.

John and Gladys Stiles
four zero four, nine eight three, seven seven eight four (cell)

My apologies in advance if I don't answer non related to the sale of this coach questions or comments. I simply don't have a lot of free time at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1418.jpg
Views:	1089
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	54782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2695.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	54783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2294.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	54784   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2595.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	54785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2287.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	54787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3718.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	54788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3719.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	54790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3724-1.jpg
Views:	867
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	54791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1347.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	54792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3731.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	54794  

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 04-04-2018
Forum owner

John has not asked me to help sell his coach,but its a fine coach.
If your looking for a true classic,31 foot Bird,i would look at this one.
Good luck John,you will be missed here.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-04-2018

Can we get some pictures of the bathroom? looks like a great coach!
Old 04-04-2018

I'll really be surprised if this isn't sold by noon. Beautiful. And less than the price of a junker sitting in the weeds.

217-720-3608
dthollis@sbcglobal.net

1994 BMC37
1991 SP36(sold)
1984 FC35(totaled)
1978 FC33(sold)
Old 04-04-2018
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Nice coach, lot of extras, good price.
Good luck John, hope we see you an Gladys down the road
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 04-04-2018

This is a great price for this coach. John and Gladys have spent thousands of $ and hours on this FC. If you want a NA FC this would be hard to even come close too. I think its price too cheap.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-04-2018

WYOBIRD. you posted yesterday. Here is your bird.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 04-04-2018

John and Gladys have put a lot of work and love into this coach. I can't believe it will last long at that price.
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 04-04-2018
WanderBee

This is about as fine an example of an FC as there is. Paint is great. Interior upgrades everywhere. You can't possibly ask for anything more.

At $20K, that is a bargain bargain bargain.
Marietta, GA
Old 04-04-2018

John offered up for me to come check out his bird when I first joined and became interested in the Wanderlodge. His sold me on finding my own one day. (which I did)
This is a really nice coach and priced right.