Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 07-05-2022

Down 32 lbs as of today. Seems to be working just fine, still doing OMAD and keto. I will have ribs and collard leftovers for tonight! Energy is really good as long as I keep up with the salt intake.

I am not buying anything premade, just meat, cheese, and some veggies and cooking. I made some zoodles out of zucchinis and cooked them up quickly with some cheese and they were actually good, too.

A glass or two of wine or a little whiskey here and there doesn't hurt anything either. This whole thing is really surprising. Not hungry during the day - 5pm suppertime comes and I still have to force-feed myself enough calories for the day.
Old 07-05-2022
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Down 32 lbs as of today. Seems to be working just fine, still doing OMAD and keto. I will have ribs and collard leftovers for tonight! Energy is really good as long as I keep up with the salt intake.

I am not buying anything premade, just meat, cheese, and some veggies and cooking. I made some zoodles out of zucchinis and cooked them up quickly with some cheese and they were actually good, too.

A glass or two of wine or a little whiskey here and there doesn't hurt anything either. This whole thing is really surprising. Not hungry during the day - 5pm suppertime comes and I still have to force-feed myself enough calories for the day.
This is pretty close to how I have been eating since last August. Lots of protein and I don't worry about the fats. I cut out bread, pasta, rice, and sweets (all of which I really love) and just eat veggies, meat, and whatever fat comes with them (including however much butter I need to make it taste good). After about 2-3 months, I finally shook my constant craving for sweets (and the other carbs) and was able to be quite satisfied with my meals - no snacking required.

Breakfast for me is 2 sausage patties, 2 fried eggs, and a banana with peanut butter and a glass of chocolate milk (my guilty pleasure). I also had a vitamin D deficiency back in August so the milk helps keep my vitamin D levels up. Lunch is usually some sort of meat and a vegetable. Sometimes, I just eat late (late breakfast and lunch) and don't have dinner. Good news is that when I do that, I'm not hungry as well.

Following that regimen, I have lost about 65 pounds since August. I did lose most of that in the first 4 months or so. Since then, it has been a slow - but steady - loss. I haven't been this light in about 20 years or so. I think I need to lose about another 15-20 and I should be done.

I am thoroughly convinced that the whole food pyramid business that the FDA/USDA has pushed for so many years is a load of garbage. Eat meat. Eat unprocessed veggies, and avoid processed foods. You'll be fine doing that.
Pensacola, FL
Old 07-05-2022

Ernie, I have a neighbor whose father was the "voice" of the SHADOW.
Old 07-06-2022
Forum owner

Quote:

You suck!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-06-2022

Yeah I know - I feel good! Smoked meats, cured meats, grilled meats, all the meats. I don't have a sweet tooth, but I like my pasta and corn-anything. For now corn whiskey will have to do. I have at least another 40 lbs to go!
Old 07-06-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Yeah I know - I feel good! Smoked meats, cured meats, grilled meats, all the meats. I don't have a sweet tooth, but I like my pasta and corn-anything. For now corn whiskey will have to do. I have at least another 40 lbs to go!
I don't do sweets either,i don't do pasta,but i dolike a good hamburger with bun!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-11-2022

We went to IA for a long weekend. Did some hiking, maybe 10 miles total? Not really that much. Golfed twice and went to the driving range once. Today I weighed 3.2 lbs less than when I left. And I am not dehydrated, ate like a pig (only supper) the whole time. I take my electrolytes every day, salt the heck out of everything, too.

Cover your eyes, here's one meal for the two of us. The meats are 2" thick pork chops and I could only eat half of one! But I ate lots of bacon and poppers One night we each had a nice thick NY strip and a bunch of other stuff. Still very low in the carb department, no snacks. Every night we had a couple glasses of wine and I had a little Deer Hammer, too. **** the first night we stayed at a Harvest Host and I probably had a whole bottle of wine.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220709_170000.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	81692  
Old 07-11-2022
Forum owner

I buy my ribeyes 2'' thick,chops are all 1'' thick.
The guy i like to buy from at my local meat market was working in the back the oter day,i ordered 4 2'' thick ribeyes,they called it into the back and my guy came right out,he said "i knew you were here!"
8 min on each side on the flatop at 400 degrees,yumyum!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-11-2022

If I can, I get all the meats 2" thick. The chops are way better that way. I can deal with a steak at just 1" if I have to, but the pork really does come out better when it's thick. I always "dry brine" for a few hours when they are this thick and they are just awesome on the flattop. Great crust, butter helps that, too
Old 07-11-2022

Looks so good!!!!
2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler X
See my Album!