Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 08-19-2022

After living in it for most of 3 months of the summer....

- The icemaker. Endless supply of cold drinks. That little devil can refill the entire bin overnight.
- The Instant hot. Hot coffee in under 1 minute any time of day.
- (3) AC units. Don't know what the power bill looks like. Don't care. Even just (2) of those 1991 dinosaurs will keep it under 75 inside while parked in the direct sun with it 105 outside.
- The Dometic chest refer/freezer in the lower bay. Plenty of absolutely cold ice tea, beer, soda water, juice, tonic, etcetera for inside or outside.
- A nearly full size shower with a shower head I can stand under.
- The central exhaust fan. Turn on the fan and open a window and it feels like there's a strong wind outside.
- The deep pantry cabinets. Impressive storage and conveniently located for cooking.

Overall, I'm surprised how livable these things are.
Old 08-19-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose View Post
After living in it for most of 3 months of the summer....

- The icemaker. Endless supply of cold drinks. That little devil can refill the entire bin overnight.
- The Instant hot. Hot coffee in under 1 minute any time of day.
- (3) AC units. Don't know what the power bill looks like. Don't care. Even just (2) of those 1991 dinosaurs will keep it under 75 inside while parked in the direct sun with it 105 outside.
- The Dometic chest refer/freezer in the lower bay. Plenty of absolutely cold ice tea, beer, soda water, juice, tonic, etcetera for inside or outside.
- A nearly full size shower with a shower head I can stand under.
- The central exhaust fan. Turn on the fan and open a window and it feels like there's a strong wind outside.
- The deep pantry cabinets. Impressive storage and conveniently located for cooking.

Overall, I'm surprised how livable these things are.
Mose,us long timers had forgotten those extras,well not forgotten but after all the years we take them for granted,thanks for reminding us how lucky we are to have a bird!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2022

I like how my 78 just works, when your pumping gas and everyone comes over and talks to you. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
My LXi is my first motorhome and there isn't much I don't like about it. We upgraded after being at Pine Mountain in our little 5th wheel many years ago and being surrounded by awesome machines. I absolutely love driving my coach and I still smile whenever I walk inside. I can honestly say we loved the interior so much we spent a lot of time and money building her back to like new. After our fire we did look at a few 450's and at least one 380. Even a couple of, dare I say it, Prevosts. They were all nice but just not what we fell in love with. I would love to find an older model like Randy has and "make it my own". With my new found knowledge of Wanderlodge construction I think I could do a good job of making an older coach a little more modern.
Dave, If for some reason your day job was no longer around, you definitely have a second career in remodeling or refurbishing coaches. You have done a killer job on your coach for sure.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-19-2022

My favorite is a good cup of coffee and WOG in the morning to start my day!
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Dave, If for some reason your day job was no longer around, you definitely have a second career in remodeling or refurbishing coaches. You have done a killer job on your coach for sure.
x2 No doubt you had your doubters early on I being one however after you hiked or jogged lol the Appalachian Trail I realized you had no boundaries on what you put your mind to . I like many cant wait till wog for the unavailing of your prototype LXI Again Congratulations on all your accomplishments Dave .

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Old 08-19-2022

I’ve owned dozens of vehicles. The 87 PT 36 ft was the only one I miss Well that’s not completely true but it’s certainly the one I miss the most. I felt privileged to own it. A larger coach with a little more HP would be the nuts. A mid door PT ideal

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 08-19-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
x2 No doubt you had your doubters early on I being one however after you hiked or jogged lol the Appalachian Trail I realized you had no boundaries on what you put your mind to . I like many cant wait till wog for the unavailing of your prototype LXI Again Congratulations on all your accomplishments Dave .
Hold the phone!!
I know lots of people that can walk,and very few that are an artist like Dave Stokes.
Not taking anything away from the summer walk about,but your skills are amazing.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2022

awe Shucks guys, y'all are gonna make me blush... Y'all haven't even seen the coach up close and personal yet. I do look forward to showing it off. I think it turned out pretty good. I need to get off my butt and get everything completely done. The wife did tell me the other day that I need to put some other projects on hold so I can finish up the coach. I'll be in site 219. I thought it was 217 but when I called Pine Mountain to make sure I was paid up they told me I was wrong. According to my wife, I should be used to that!

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Hold the phone!!
I know lots of people that can walk,and very few that are an artist like Dave Stokes.
Not taking anything away from the summer walk about,but your skills are amazing.
I guess only Dave can answer that one for us Randy . I have rode a bike 206 miles in one day but to walk 1,000 plus miles Yikes !!

So, Dave when time allows you answer this question what was more challenging the walk or renovation or will the answer be revealed at WOG

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444