Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 08-19-2022
mose mose is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Aloha
Posts: 1,061
Default

After living in it for most of 3 months of the summer....


- The icemaker. Endless supply of cold drinks. That little devil can refill the entire bin overnight.
- The Instant hot. Hot coffee in under 1 minute any time of day.
- (3) AC units. Don't know what the power bill looks like. Don't care. Even just (2) of those 1991 dinosaurs will keep it under 75 inside while parked in the direct sun with it 105 outside.
- The Dometic chest refer/freezer in the lower bay. Plenty of absolutely cold ice tea, beer, soda water, juice, tonic, etcetera for inside or outside.
- A nearly full size shower with a shower head I can stand under.
- The central exhaust fan. Turn on the fan and open a window and it feels like there's a strong wind outside.
- The deep pantry cabinets. Impressive storage and conveniently located for cooking.

Overall, I'm surprised how livable these things are.
__________________
Mose Wahlstrom
Aloha, Oregon
1991 WB40 "Dave"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-19-2022
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 45,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose View Post
After living in it for most of 3 months of the summer....


- The icemaker. Endless supply of cold drinks. That little devil can refill the entire bin overnight.
- The Instant hot. Hot coffee in under 1 minute any time of day.
- (3) AC units. Don't know what the power bill looks like. Don't care. Even just (2) of those 1991 dinosaurs will keep it under 75 inside while parked in the direct sun with it 105 outside.
- The Dometic chest refer/freezer in the lower bay. Plenty of absolutely cold ice tea, beer, soda water, juice, tonic, etcetera for inside or outside.
- A nearly full size shower with a shower head I can stand under.
- The central exhaust fan. Turn on the fan and open a window and it feels like there's a strong wind outside.
- The deep pantry cabinets. Impressive storage and conveniently located for cooking.

Overall, I'm surprised how livable these things are.
Mose,us long timers had forgotten those extras,well not forgotten but after all the years we take them for granted,thanks for reminding us how lucky we are to have a bird!
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-19-2022
Yeayeaatou Yeayeaatou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Lithopolis
Posts: 103
Default

I like how my 78 just works, when your pumping gas and everyone comes over and talks to you. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling
__________________
Isaiah Wallake
Lithopolis, Ohio
78 31
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-19-2022
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 9,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
My LXi is my first motorhome and there isn't much I don't like about it. We upgraded after being at Pine Mountain in our little 5th wheel many years ago and being surrounded by awesome machines. I absolutely love driving my coach and I still smile whenever I walk inside. I can honestly say we loved the interior so much we spent a lot of time and money building her back to like new. After our fire we did look at a few 450's and at least one 380. Even a couple of, dare I say it, Prevosts. They were all nice but just not what we fell in love with. I would love to find an older model like Randy has and "make it my own". With my new found knowledge of Wanderlodge construction I think I could do a good job of making an older coach a little more modern.
Dave, If for some reason your day job was no longer around, you definitely have a second career in remodeling or refurbishing coaches. You have done a killer job on your coach for sure.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-19-2022
mburmandds's Avatar
mburmandds mburmandds is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bear Valley Springs
Posts: 302
Default

My favorite is a good cup of coffee and WOG in the morning to start my day!
__________________
Mike and Tami Burman
Bear Valley Springs, CA
1994 40WB
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-19-2022
al perna al perna is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cheraw
Posts: 2,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Dave, If for some reason your day job was no longer around, you definitely have a second career in remodeling or refurbishing coaches. You have done a killer job on your coach for sure.
x2 No doubt you had your doubters early on I being one however after you hiked or jogged lol the Appalachian Trail I realized you had no boundaries on what you put your mind to . I like many cant wait till wog for the unavailing of your prototype LXI Again Congratulations on all your accomplishments Dave .
__________________
AL & ERIKA

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-19-2022
bubblerboy64 bubblerboy64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Shippensburg Pa
Posts: 6,968
Default

I’ve owned dozens of vehicles. The 87 PT 36 ft was the only one I miss Well that’s not completely true but it’s certainly the one I miss the most. I felt privileged to own it. A larger coach with a little more HP would be the nuts. A mid door PT ideal
__________________

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-19-2022
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is offline
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 45,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
x2 No doubt you had your doubters early on I being one however after you hiked or jogged lol the Appalachian Trail I realized you had no boundaries on what you put your mind to . I like many cant wait till wog for the unavailing of your prototype LXI Again Congratulations on all your accomplishments Dave .
Hold the phone!!
I know lots of people that can walk,and very few that are an artist like Dave Stokes.
Not taking anything away from the summer walk about,but your skills are amazing.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-19-2022
Dave Stokes Dave Stokes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sandy Springs
Posts: 1,753
Default

awe Shucks guys, y'all are gonna make me blush... Y'all haven't even seen the coach up close and personal yet. I do look forward to showing it off. I think it turned out pretty good. I need to get off my butt and get everything completely done. The wife did tell me the other day that I need to put some other projects on hold so I can finish up the coach. I'll be in site 219. I thought it was 217 but when I called Pine Mountain to make sure I was paid up they told me I was wrong. According to my wife, I should be used to that!
__________________

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
'97 Jeep Wrangler
229-834-8677
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-19-2022
al perna al perna is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cheraw
Posts: 2,768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Hold the phone!!
I know lots of people that can walk,and very few that are an artist like Dave Stokes.
Not taking anything away from the summer walk about,but your skills are amazing.
I guess only Dave can answer that one for us Randy . I have rode a bike 206 miles in one day but to walk 1,000 plus miles Yikes !!

So, Dave when time allows you answer this question what was more challenging the walk or renovation or will the answer be revealed at WOG
__________________
AL & ERIKA

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite dual head air chuck? CrashTestDummy Tool Tips 24 07-22-2022 10:18 AM
SEPTIC! (Everyone’s Favorite Topic!) Buoy4AK Under The Awning 9 11-14-2021 07:15 PM
So What Is Your Favorite Car Story? isp2952 Under The Awning 13 12-15-2020 09:49 PM
post your favorite places to eat Randy Dupree Great Food 47 01-07-2019 09:16 PM
What's your favorite portable laundring device? Gatorgrl 'Bird Projects & Modifications 11 09-21-2016 06:56 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.