Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 08-18-2022

Default Converging Roads

Long time no post....

In April of 2014, as I emptied the house to go full-time, I posted “A Fork in the Road.” A couple of you will remember “My Dear Ex Tom;” he and I were taking different paths.
Well, it’s been a ride, and I did make it to the Wyoming Eclipse Rally – and then based myself in Austin to go back to school. Coincidentally, Tom came to Austin about then.
Somewhere between Wyoming and now, driving the bus became work. I once happily drove 500-mile days; my last trip, 350 was A Long Day. Meanwhile, Tom had the first of several medical issues. The most recent began March 7; he’s +5 months in various medical care, with more to go. [Details on request.]

Short story, long logistics: Miraculously, the paperwork went through to get me onto his housing voucher and lease. My darling daughter Mari is helping me unpack his stuff at the new apartment while we shoehorn my stuff in; we move the cat tomorrow. When he DOES get cleared to go home, he will need much help. Which is where I come in.
Yep, you heard that right – the bus does not fit in this plan. Ever since The Great Texas SNOVID, I have been mumbling, “I’m gonna have to sell this bus yet.” Me looking after Tom becomes the keyhole to run that scenario.

My final straw was in May, prepping for the Kerrville Folk Fest; the bus would not start. I know it is Probably Just The Starter Ground Strap … but, I’m done. I’ve never been THAT mechanically competent, never mind how well I “Speak Mechanic.” I’ve also been mumbling, “I need to shrink my footprint some more.” Not quite how I imagined it, but here’s the moment.
I'll make The Sale Post tomorrow morning, with photos of the empty bus, before I slag the computer to move. AND I totally plan to see y'all at The Next Eclipse Rally.

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
713-398-5541 / kyradebbie@yahoo.com
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 GS Life Member
Old 08-18-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie.Grey View Post
Long time no post....

In April of 2014, as I emptied the house to go full-time, I posted “A Fork in the Road.” A couple of you will remember “My Dear Ex Tom;” he and I were taking different paths.
Well, it’s been a ride, and I did make it to the Wyoming Eclipse Rally – and then based myself in Austin to go back to school. Coincidentally, Tom came to Austin about then.
Somewhere between Wyoming and now, driving the bus became work. I once happily drove 500-mile days; my last trip, 350 was A Long Day. Meanwhile, Tom had the first of several medical issues. The most recent began March 7; he’s +5 months in various medical care, with more to go. [Details on request.]

Short story, long logistics: Miraculously, the paperwork went through to get me onto his housing voucher and lease. My darling daughter Mari is helping me unpack his stuff at the new apartment while we shoehorn my stuff in; we move the cat tomorrow. When he DOES get cleared to go home, he will need much help. Which is where I come in.
Yep, you heard that right – the bus does not fit in this plan. Ever since The Great Texas SNOVID, I have been mumbling, “I’m gonna have to sell this bus yet.” Me looking after Tom becomes the keyhole to run that scenario.

My final straw was in May, prepping for the Kerrville Folk Fest; the bus would not start. I know it is Probably Just The Starter Ground Strap … but, I’m done. I’ve never been THAT mechanically competent, never mind how well I “Speak Mechanic.” I’ve also been mumbling, “I need to shrink my footprint some more.” Not quite how I imagined it, but here’s the moment.
I'll make The Sale Post tomorrow morning, with photos of the empty bus, before I slag the computer to move. AND I totally plan to see y'all at The Next Eclipse Rally.
Wow Debbie! I was wondering what happened to you and sorry it has not been a fun time for you. I wish Tom the best in his recovery and sorry to see you sell the bus, I always enjoyed following along with your adventure in your posts. Good luck with your new situation and in the sale of your bus. I have a reservation at the Eclipse Rally and I think I'm on site 215. Hope to finally get to meet you.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 08-18-2022
Forum owner

Its been a long time Debbie.
You had a good run with the bus and you have done a lot all by yourself in a big bus.
Good luck,and take care of your loved ones.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2022

Bonam fortunam! Debbie. Thanks for bringing us along in your adventures over the years
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
Bonam fortunam! Debbie. Thanks for bringing us along in your adventures over the years
yes Debbie Erika & I wish you all the happiness Life can offer . be sure to update us as time allows . You were a hero of all woman and man when you first drove that beast to the rally's we then knew then " car-pe di-em " defined how you do life Wish you well

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Old 08-19-2022
Administrator

Debbie, thanks for the update, best wishes for you and Tom