Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 08-19-2022

Default And so it starts

We have owned our bus one year. We have gone on 2 trips, one close to home and one a long way from home. I knew after this winter when we would stay in the coach over night in the driveway we might have to make changes. After our 10 day trip it was apparent, we will need a bigger bus. This is not do to just the size of the bus, but also my ambition to work in the bus in the summer due to starlink.

Starlink is a game changer for me, as my wife and I can now work any where in the country and no longer tethered to our home. It opens up the possibility of full timing in the coach for 3 month a year. Needless to say the enjoyment we have felt while out on the road and wanting to see more then just our state has created this issue.

The FC31 is a great bus and has served us well, our trip to Canada has proved this is a viable bus. I need to clean the Canadian bush out of the bus and the dust and grime that is on the paint and list her for sale. Next up is a search for something that I can only say will be hard to find.

I have been searching for the past month for the next coach my family can enjoy. My criteria are below.

1. Wanderlodge, Provost, Newell, Foretravel
2. DD60 series - I want a DDEC IV - would like a Allison 4006
3. No slides
4. Prior owner I hope will own the coach as long as possible

This will be interesting search, I have spoken to some of the RV shops I work with about these units. I have spoken to Coach experts and engine experts. I am down the rabbit hole, deep in that hole.

So far I have spoken to owners all over the country. I hope to start looking at Busses soon.
Old 08-19-2022

If i was traveling with 2 children and wife and plan to be sitting in a park for 1 week or more while I work then the slide is a must in my opinion. I will add an opinion based on 7 years a reality minus the kid s.

I would also go with the LXI Randy has on his site , the one with 2 bunks. First of all it will be the cheapest to upkeep due to the WOG. And has everything you need . Remember there is not a spot in this country that the WOG cant reach in time of need . Good Luck and keep us updated .

https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...CrBe9222021LXI

1997 WB Mid Door 43'
2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45 (sold)

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
If i was traveling with 2 children and wife and plan to be sitting in a park for 1 week or more while I work then the slide is a must in my opinion. I will add an opinion based on 7 years a reality minus the kid s.

I would also go with the LXI Randy has on his site , the one with 2 bunks. First of all it will be the cheapest to upkeep due to the WOG. And has everything you need . Remember there is not a spot in this country that the WOG cant reach in time of need . Good Luck and keep us updated .

https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...CrBe9222021LXI
That's a great bus, I spoke to Randy about a month ago. This forum def is the most active.
Old 08-19-2022
Forum owner

and it just got new front tires,a new rad,a new CAC and more,its on a road trip right now,be home next week.
Its over in Hot Springs Ar as i type.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeayeaatou View Post
That's a great bus, I spoke to Randy about a month ago. This forum def is the most active.
Let me add there is not a system on this coach that has not been covered in detail over the years . No surprises here. Imagine sitting at your computer working and the wife says I have no hot water , lol Been there hahaha . Well just move that mouse to a new screen pull up the WOG type in no hot water on the google search and Bingo If that fails I'm sure you will have 3 calls within 10 minutes. Been there, not hot water or let me think...

1997 WB Mid Door 43'

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
and it just got new front tires,a new rad,a new CAC and more,its on a road trip right now,be home next week.
Its over in Hot Springs Ar as i type.
Whats a CAC
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by al perna View Post
Let me add there is not a system on this coach that has not been covered in detail over the years . No surprises here. Imagine sitting at your computer working and the wife says I have no hot water , lol Been there hahaha . Well just move that mouse to a new screen pull up the WOG type in no hot water on the google search and Bingo If that fails I'm sure you will have 3 calls within 10 minutes. Been there, not hot water or let me think...
Yeah, everyone has been great. Esp on my current bus from 78. I have spoken to every owner that has had an LXi for sale in the past month. I have spoken to 4 newell owners and 1 prevost owner. I am attempting to buy something I will be keeping for the next 10 years.
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Whats a CAC
Charge Air Cooler - an air to air cooler that cools the charge air, or air charged by the compressor (turbocharger), before the engine consumes it. Cooler air is denser, and has more oxygen content that the engine needs to make power.
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqwrench View Post
Charge Air Cooler - an air to air cooler that cools the charge air, or air charged by the compressor (turbocharger), before the engine consumes it. Cooler air is denser, and has more oxygen content that the engine needs to make power.
Gotcha, so an intercooler on a car.
Old 08-19-2022

Quote:
Yeah, everyone has been great. Esp on my current bus from 78. I have spoken to every owner that has had an LXi for sale in the past month. I have spoken to 4 newel owners and 1 Prevost owner. I am attempting to buy something I will be keeping for the next 10 years.
Prevost is a lonely ownership that depends on specific shops for the system repairs. You can get some help on the 2 owners groups however you will find it to be the most expensive to own off the 3 chooses on your list .

Newell is an odd ball coach they also have an Owners group but no where as deep as the BB.

10 years is a long time with a growing family . The only thing or person I kept for that long has been my wife and a dog Not sure how old your children are but come HS you better be in one spot hahaha I found when those days roll around the coach is a vacation and get away spot for mom and dad Again keep us along for the ride we Love helping others spend $$$$

1997 WB Mid Door 43'

Cheraw SC
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444