Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 06-18-2009
odb bill

Default water pressure problems

back again with questions my 84 bb i just bought had a freeze bite.not using my brain i didn't check it before i bought it and the water pipes busted only the floor pipes where the owner i bought it from didn't get all the water out of the lines ,so now i put all pex in the coach. i put 1/4 water in the tank and turned the water pump on and the pressure was low and air out of the lines came out . now here is my question, it seem like there was air pressure off of the coach's air supply comming thru the lines with the pump OFF and there was a clicking noise in the back in metal box with a brown cover on it ,am i missing something and where is the pressure switch to cut the water pump off? and one more thing in the bath room there a valve behind a panel near the floor under vanity with a green handle on it that goes in the floor hooked to a gray pipe what is this for? i have work 4 hrs a day plus my job for 2 weeks trying to make my canada trip starting tuesday . hope there light at the end of this tunnel for this problem thanks bill
Old 06-18-2009
Administrator

There should be on the side of the bed. A panel with an air switch to purge the water lines with air pressure,This switch in turned "On" or could be defective. Somewhere near the pump, find a check valve and an air regulator, The check valve is probably defective, allowing air to escape into the water lines, replace it with a ball valve, If you have an updated SureFlow type pump the On/Off pressure switch is in the pump, There is a Sporlan valve energized by the tank fill switch, this is where you are probably losing water pressure to the fresh water reservoir tank. It is a solenoid valve, take it apart and clean the rubber diaphragm, or get a rebuild kit from http://www.dupreeproducts.com 1-888-668-4288. Bill Murray this is going to be like Caddyshack for a time.
Old 06-18-2009

"and one more thing in the bath room there a valve behind a panel near the floor under vanity with a green handle on it that goes in the floor hooked to a gray pipe what is this for? ".....Bill that is the shut off valve for your outside bib-cock ( faucet ) located in the bay by the door where your propane tank is, that is where mine is on my 83 fc
1983 FC 35, Sold
Valparaiso, Indiana
Old 06-18-2009

sounds like you have the water fill switch still on,,,,on my 84 pump will not work with fill switch on.
Carvel AB Canada