Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-07-2012

David, my 2000 LXi matched your posted measurements.
Bruce

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 01-07-2012
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySummerlin View Post
David, my 2000 LXi matched your posted measurements.
Bruce
That's great Bruce, thanks. So between you, me, and Randy I think we got the right numbers for the LXi living room slide hose placement. One down, three to go!

I think we're converging on 118" for the LX living room slide hose placement, but it'd be great to get corroboration from one other owner.

Folks, if you got a slide help us out and take some measurements. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2012

David, as a side note George Morris said your rubber seal was so much better and he looked forward to using them. He just thought the rubber in your seal was much more durable. I almost just want to change mine for the heck of it.
Thanks again.

Bruce and Sally Summerlin
Germantown, Tennessee
2000 LXi Millinium
Old 01-07-2012
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallySummerlin View Post
David, as a side note George Morris said your rubber seal was so much better and he looked forward to using them. He just thought the rubber in your seal was much more durable. I almost just want to change mine for the heck of it.
Thanks again.
Go for it Bruce... Have another glass of wine and go for it! LOL!

George was telling me that at the factory service department they'd change a seal, pump it up to 17 psi and let it go overnight to get it to stretch enough to fill the air gaps. The next day they'd back it down in pressure, but many times the seal would pop the same day.

Randy set his pressure regulator to 10 psi, pumped up the new seal and there were no air gaps! At that pressure we should get close to 10 years of service life.
Old 01-07-2012
davidmbrady

Here's a section of the nylon HWH retainer. It measures about 1/4" x 7/16". Anyone have a lead on a firm that can to a die and an extrusion run?

Here's a photo album with pics of the seal, profile, and retainer: https://picasaweb.google.com/dmb2000/DR2FOFPhotos

Old 01-08-2012
davidmbrady

I updated the measurements on post number 16. I changed the LX Living Room seal hose placement to 118", thanks Graham and Jerry. Two down, two to go. I still need hose placement measurements for the LX and LXi bedroom slides. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012
Forum owner

Ryan Sari can do that work on the lock for us,Ryan?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-11-2012
davidmbrady

Folks,

Today DRI received 1000' of seal extrusion 4 weeks ahead of schedule! This extrusion has the increased side flange thickness, from 0.090" to 0.125" as Randy requested.

Roger Anderson at DRI will begin filling orders, but to do so I still need hose placement measurements for the LX and LXi bedroom seals. If you have a bedroom slide you may need to lift up the bed to find the hose. Measure from the front face of the slide body to the center of the hose.

Barring measurement input, I may need to choose a placement for the hose, in which case I'll put the hose at the center of the slide. In some cases this may require owners to drill a hole.

The price per seal, for all configurations: LX[i] living room and bedroom, is $550.
Old 01-11-2012
Forum owner

Very cool,we had a great seminar on slide seals at CW.
with only 2 slides in attendance we had a full house of interested people.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-11-2012
davidmbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Very cool,we had a great seminar on slide seals at CW.
with only 2 slides in attendance we had a full house of interested people.
That's great Randy. I hear the tech sessions were a huge success. Next time tell me and I'll send you a section of the Brady seal for show and tell. Actually, by the next rally, with some luck, we'll be in full production and distribution, and everyone will already have one!

Over the holidays Roger Anderson of DRI, followed up with Dean Woodruff of Integrity RV, Douglasville Ga. Dean had an immediate need for a slide seal, and DRI was able to accommodate. Using material from the first extrusion, DRI was able to furnish a second prototype seal to Dean.

I furnished DRI with contact information to all the major service centers: Coach Worx, Parliament, Integrity, and George Morris. If vendors wish to carry the seal, I encourage them to contact Roger to work out a reseller discount and list pricing.

Roger explained that the seams between the 8 sections are vulcanized. In theory the seams should be stronger than the actual seal material.