Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-22-2015
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerstrider View Post
Rob,
I found it!!! Thank you! I must say that it was very tough to access. I had to disconnect 4 or 5 cable TV boxes, DVD players, etc., remove the shelf and they pry the back panel out and then still only have limited access....some of the fuses are not visible but can be reached to reset. I may need to modify the back panel to make a little easier next time. Seems like BB put some key circuits on that panel and I can imagine needed to get to it again.
Thanks again,
John
John you've got the correct thinking going on. Make that fuse panel accessible ASAP. Believe me you will be in there more than you think. Especially if you like to tinker, modify etc etc
Old 02-15-2016

Hi Folks. I am having an issue with the furnace heater fans operating whenever the Electronic Master Switch is turned on. I noticed there is a Section VI and VII of the electrical drawings index regarding schematics for the Master Electronic Switch and the Anti-Theft Switch respectively. But I have never seen nor can find these schematics. Does anyone have copies of them and could send them to me? This may help me solve my aforementioned problem. Thanks!!

Old 02-24-2016

On the first Fuse Sheet Pub "A", it refers to the Master Electronic Switch and Anti-Theaft Switch. I have a strange problem when turning on my Master Electronic Switch. It also turns on three small heater fans, in 3 locations, along the floor, in the forward end of the coach. I do not have any drawings or schematics in my possession, nor could I find any in the WOG Drawings Data File. Does anyone have that drawing for a 2000 LXi? If so please notify and /or send to me asap as I'd like to fix this problem soon. Thanks!!

Old 02-24-2016
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsro View Post
On the first Fuse Sheet Pub "A", it refers to the Master Electronic Switch and Anti-Theaft Switch. I have a strange problem when turning on my Master Electronic Switch. It also turns on three small heater fans, in 3 locations, along the floor, in the forward end of the coach. I do not have any drawings or schematics in my possession, nor could I find any in the WOG Drawings Data File. Does anyone have that drawing for a 2000 LXi? If so please notify and /or send to me asap as I'd like to fix this problem soon. Thanks!!
I think the problen is going to be in the 5 button dometic T-stat,its calling for heat somehow.
Check the settings on the stat.or turn it off and then on.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-24-2016

If that doesn't work, there is a way to reboot the thermostat, but someone else will have to say how.
Old 03-02-2016

Randy, Ron,
Thank you for your responses. You are both correct. I felt you were right but could not understand how the thermostat could cause the heater motors to kick off since it, and all zones, was/were turned off. Back in 2014 I had to have all 3 roof A/C's replaced ( as Dometic does not support the older a/c units any longer ), and they needed a new compatible central thermostat to go with them. I called Dometic tech services the other day. They confirmed that the new t-stat is like mini computer and needs to be rebooted every now and then. They took me through the process and that did the trick.

Old 03-02-2016

Bob,

Sounds like you have the new programmable thermostat that I do. I also replaced all three a/c units two years ago and got the new thermostat, a huge improvement over the old 4 and 5 button thermostats.

For the file, what did you learn about how to reboot it?

By the way, the tech told me that the programmable part gets people into trouble and it is best left alone. He said even the Dometic engineers have trouble trying to program it. Just FYI. Who needs programmable anyway? But the clear and easy way to change zones and settings is SO much better.
Old 03-02-2016

Hi Ron,

I just noticed the “reset” function is shown on page 4 of the Dometic Operating Instructions booklet for this new CC2 thermostat. It says:
1) make sure the CC2 t-stat is in OFF mode
2) simulatneously push, and momentarily hold, the MODE and Zone buttons until...
3) the LCD screen lights up and reads “IniT” ... then ...
4) release the MODE and ZONE buttons
5) press the ON/OFF button to exit the system set-up

After this reset, ( in my case ) when the “Electronic Master Switch" is turned off and then on again the small furnace heater fans were disabled.

When wanting furnace heat we must turn on the aquahot system, if we want to use the high heat diesel fired heating system. Then return to the CC2 thermostat, turn the System on, and then push Zone 2, and Furnace mode on. This will activate the 3 heaters along the floor in forward half of the coach. To get extra heat in that coach I also believe we can turn on the Heat Strips ( HS) mode concurrently to the Furnace/Aquahot heaters.

Old 03-02-2016

Thanks, Bob
Old 06-22-2017

I thought this post was an ideal post to ask my question, as it pertains to the fuses and relays.
I have attached a picture of the power center in front of the passenger seat on an LXI. I have the diagrams for the circuit breakers and fuses, but there is no mention of the relays and where they apply to. Does anyone know what relays control what area on the bus. As you will notice on the picture, the relays are numbered 1, 2, 3 etc, but no where are they mentioned in the diagrams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Control Passenger Seat.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	49553