Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > First-Timers and Newcomers

First-Timers and Newcomers Are you a first-timer, newcomer, or even a "wannabe"? This is the place to get your questions anwered.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Twiisted71

Default Any WOG members around the Hot Springs AR area?

Looking to buy in the very near future (as soon as we find one that sparks our interest). Its pretty much impossible to see various models of older BBs at any dealers, so hoping there are some owners in our area (Hot Springs AR) who wouldn't mind showing off their rigs, to help narrow the field for us so we don't go on too many wild goose ('Bird) chases. We are mainly interested in older models with mechanical pusher diesels. Nothing with slides or DDEC interests us. We'd like to see firsthand the differences in interior heights, bathroom layouts, forward vs mid door, kitchen areas, etc. We will be full-timing again for the foreseeable future and really want to do everything we can to get our choice as right has possible the first time. We are not new to full-time RV living as we did it for several years about 10 years ago for our jobs and now with yet another career change we are going to do it again! PS we'll never waste money on a fiberglass walled, rubber roofed heap again. Even with a welded aluminum skeleton structure, all the other materials used in them is criminal.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Howdy and Welcome

You need to attend a Rally . There will be a great one in February in Vidalia , Louisiana.

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ber.php?u=5376

Paul & Debra Cambron live in Hot Springs
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Twiisted71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold,Cat&Sam View Post
Howdy and Welcome

You need to attend a Rally . There will be a great one in February in Vidalia , Louisiana.

Paul & Debra Cambron live in Hot Springs
Now that's a cowinkeedink. I'm from Monterey LA! UN-fortunately, we intend to buy before that! but would LOVE to go to the rally!!!!!

Hopefully they will see this thread and reply. I'd feel funny reaching out to them unbidden to ask to see their treasured toy!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Paul and Debra are very nice folks with a 40ft BMC .
Our 37ft BMC was great , we sold it in February . We are downsizing to a smaller coach and currently searching for a nice Barth .

Rick has a SP36 for sale in North Arkansas.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=35105

Patrick has a nice 37 BMC for sale in the Fayetteville area . It and others are listed at the buybuybluebird link above .
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I am the Previous Owner of Paul and Deborahs 40’ BMC. They have done tons of work to it and he is a master craftsman You won’t find a better example but I’m pretty sure they aren’t interested in selling yet.

He told me earlier today that he’s working on a big project right now He usually follows the Forum pretty close so he will probably check in later.

Good ones are out there. Just like anything else, the good ones don’t last on the market. You have to do your research, decide what you want and then be ready to write the check when it’s time to buy.

Best of Luck with your search.

Max.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Twiisted71

Max, thanks for another vote for a BMC from a former owner. I like the looks of the BMCs but not interested in the 40s due to electronic injection Cummins. A bit old fashioned perhaps, but thats me. I'd like to see their RV though just to give a bit more knowledge if we go see a BMC 37 as well as to have something to compare the Wanderlodges with. I've read up on your and their issues with the ECU and starting. I too agree with running a dedicated switched power feed to the ECU. Every major US pickup manufacturer had teething problems when they went to electronic diesels. Dodge=VP44 pumped 6BT, GM 6.5 modules, Ford PowerStroke 7.3 valvecover harnesses and injectors as well as the entire 6.0 disaster of a design. The GM 6.5 is the only one I've not had personal issues with! On the others I did everything I could to eliminate potential issues that could leave me stranded short of problems inside the actual computer. From here on I'm trying to eliminate vehicles from our "fleet" that have anything electronic on the engines other than the alternator and starter.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Any info we can share to help with your buying decision just ask away.
Our bus is parked here at the house and always ready for visitors.
Thanks for the kind words friends.
fmca 200288
eglider03@gmail.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Twiisted71

ToolMaker, thank you for the offer. I'll definitely take you up on it, once it warms up a bit!!! I'm a weather wimp when shopping. I'll send you an email via the link in your signature if that is ok.