Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > RV Lifestyle > Care and Upkeep

Care and Upkeep Let's face it, it has to be done. Have questions of what to do or how to do it, this is the place to talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Interesting topic. When We are in Daytona we pay $150/month for uncovered storage with 110v when we want to top off our batteries and water to wash coach for $10. We pay only for the 4-5 months we are there. In Michigan we pay $500/month for 1,000 sq. ft. inside storage, 50 amp service. We can work on the coach all year round. There is no heat so the coach has to be winterized. Downside is we have to pay even when we’re in Florida in the winter or traveling in the summer.
We would like inside storage, or covered storage in FL. We have been unable to find a place suitable under 3-4,000 sq.ft. and again we’d have to pay when we’re not there. We haven’t found covered storage. We’re always open to suggestions but Tallahassee is a little far.

D
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I would agree about being near where the traffic is, unfortunately that conflicts with my reasons for moving the first place...lol I wish to move where the traffic is NOT. I am not a fan of what the East coast has turned into and I wish to avoid it at all costs.
Traveling tonight up to Dixie County to look around. Staying in Steinhatchee in an AirBnB with my daughter so she can get a good look around to see if this is where she wants to move to with her dad next year.
Who knows, maybe I'll find suitable property to put my little pole barn, concrete pad and service to as well?
Will be back Tuesday night cause she has to work.

Lee County, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1991 Toyota 4Runner TOAD or
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

We can rent covered storage for $50/month, but there is no electricity available. I’d have to be able to shut off all battery contact since mine will be down in a few days, even with the under-the-dash cutoff switch.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Can't beat $50/month Stick, even with buying two battery disconnects.