Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

On the upper locks theres a sensor that "reads"when the slide is in the closed position (in).
Theres a steel washer type thing inside the wall of the slide room that the sensor has to "see".
if the room gets out of position the sensor does not read the washer. (magnetic).
I think the washer is about the size of a nickle,but not sure.
It has to be dang close in relation to the sensor to make the locks work.
Its been a few years,but i think the sensor reads that the room is in place before it sends the locks out,i trouble shot mine with a thin piece of sheet steel,slipping it in between the coach and the slide room (past the seal) to "make the sensor".

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

I’ve used my slide from the day got the coach. I’ve had it out half a dozen times this year. Other than the day I found I had to have all the basement doors closed (for the slide to work) it’s been trouble free. The nylon brush that covers up the seal up when it is closed is falling apart. I should look into replacing them. I have picked up a few tips from the WOG about the controls and have looked at them in the basement. I assume it would not go ‘green’ if the latches did not engage? Thanks for the pics. I’ll be looking for the blocks now.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Looks like a Pin Switch, same as used on bay doors, probably to signal open or closed,

https://www.amazon.com/2-1-2-Adjusta...a-636946609807
Old 12 Hours Ago

Hi Jim,
How much do you want for one of your locks? Do you have any of the sensor blades that go on the top for sale? I am interested in buying one. My lower rear lock is not sending the signal to the control box that it is locked and to automatically shut off the pump.

For the rest of the group, I had one of mine overhauled by Troy Himes in Fort Valley. He used to work for Wanderlodge. He charges $150 plus shipping to overhaul and pressure test the valves. (478) 951-2581

Thanks,

Randy B
(540) 850-2206
Randall.burdette@icloud.com
(540) 850-2206
Please use email or cell, do not PM