Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) > SP Parts List

SP Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the SP model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_man View Post
Ned, I wish I had saved all of the old paperwork on the previous Bird after I traded it but didn't. My memory seems to tell me that the company was either Diamondback or Rattlesnake or something like that. I mention this as maybe it will jog someone's memory. The housings for left and right were the same so another right side would work by turning it upside-down. Maybe a parts coach would be the answer.
Ned, Turns out that I did save everything. Other than remembering the wrong state and the wrong animal I was right on!!!!!! Turns out it was a pig in Texas not a snake in Arizona!! The company than manufactured the cameras for Blue Bird was:

Javelina Corporation
14085 King Road
Frisco, TX
Phone 972/377-9807

The part # I ordered in 2004 was 95-497 and was a "Side Camera Housing". It came with no back (made one from aluminum sheet) and no camera. I adapted a mini camera to fit in the housing. You have to cut a hole in the fiberglass to mount this housing.

If you are using the original Sony monitor, it has only two inputs; one each for the rear and right side. I would seriously consider purchasing a new flat screen monitor that covers the original hole and use the cameras that come with it. The OEM housing alone cost $175.00 back then, could be more or less now. They appear to be able to be flipped for left side use.

It appears they are still in business, here is their website. Good luck!!!!!!

Clicky

I would be remiss to not mention that adding the right side camera was worth the effort but after trading it in for this coach with both left and right cameras I see that the left camera (IMO) is not really needed. I love the tiny front mounted camera that looks down at the front bumper and allows you to pull right up close to something that normally would be out of sight. It is mounted inside on the windshield center post using the mount that came with it. . Hmmmmm, maybe that is an option that should be explored.
Old 06-01-2012

Thanks Rich, I sent them an email so we will see what they have to say. This is the first coach I have owned that has a right side camera let alone one on the left. Your idea of a front mounted camera really makes good sense, possibly better utilization than the original plan. I might experiment with your idea. I just completed a upgrade of my camera system to a Voyager flat screen so I have inputs for up to three cameras.
Auburn, Alabama
Old 06-01-2012

I bought two cameras like these
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-170-Degr...item336e201891
they are waterproof, aluminum. I had to open the camera and rotate the camera either 90 degrees left or right, and then installed on on each side of the bus.

Then I boughta monitor like this kind.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pillow-7-Inc...item25708414e0

or this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-LCD-Monito...item3a64b53cd6

this one has the reversable image.

I ordered one camera to have a look at it, then ordered another (and a couple of spares.)

Just an idea
96wb42
Mid Door