Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems

Most Frequently Asked Questions About Operating Systems Here you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about the operating systems on a 'Bird. If you have one that you think should be added place it in here.

Site Search:

Old 07-04-2020

Please pay attention to the experts who have been giving freely of their time.

The front air springs are plumbed together. Right side is low so you need to check the mechanical linkage to the air spring on the right side of the DRIVE axle. The control rod may have become disconnected. If the right side control is still in place check the adjustment which may have slipped (happens often).

The side to side leveling is accomplished by the leveling valves on the DRIVE axle only!!!!!
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 07-04-2020

Hello Bill,

The other six bags inflate properly. The bird levels out in the back and rises properly on the drivers side. It is just the front right not inflating. The rear is level and properly filled. It's as if there is a valve that is not closing when the dump is off. I have been digging around for a valve but can't seem to find one. Does the valve control both fronts or does each front have its own dump valve?

Thanks
Soon it will fly again
Old 07-04-2020

Jeb, all four front airbags are on the same supply and dump valve. I'm guessing panhard bushings
Cape Cod,ma
Old 07-04-2020

hello,

Just moved the bus to a more level surface. Seems I was on enough of an incline to lower the back axle on one side. Now on a level surface all seems to be fine. There is a small difference in the back axle (about an Inch) lower on the right side. i will adjust and hopefully that will solve all.

Thank you all for your help.

Peace
Jeb
Soon it will fly again
Old 07-04-2020

You are not on level ground, the rear bags level the bus side to side, the front only set the height at the center of the axel. On unlevel ground one front wheel goes up, the other down. (The body does not twist).
Old 07-04-2020
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
hello,

Just moved the bus to a more level surface. Seems I was on enough of an incline to lower the back axle on one side. Now on a level surface all seems to be fine. There is a small difference in the back axle (about an Inch) lower on the right side. i will adjust and hopefully that will solve all.

Thank you all for your help.

Peace
Jeb

The proper way to measure ride heights is on lvel ground,and then you measure the inflated height of the air bags themselves.
Measuring from the ground to the body or from the top of tire to the wheel opening is a reference,but i have measured many FCs and found the wheel openings to be an inch off from side to side.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-05-2020

Hello,

Thanks for all the help. The feedback that helped the most was mentioning the bus does not twist. Had not thought of that. Explained a lot when I got to a more level surface.

Now onto other systems unknown.

Peace
Soon it will fly again