Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

today I helped install Crossovers on my Duel wheels . I went to a local shop and helped the 6.4 260 lb tier guy . Ever notice little guys don't do that work much . Well when he did have the 100 lb air socket tool , and I explained drive side R to loosen and all that stuff , so I wouldn't end up with some broken studs . So he removes the outer and we install the crossovers in 90 degree weather , yeah Nov and it is still a swamp down here . Now it's time to torque them down , and out of the truck comes this 4' long bar and socket . Ok , lets get at it I say . So in the begging I'm the guy holding the socket on the nut , well after 4 or 5 I say let me do the torque part , lol I guess what I'm saying is now I know why I got such a good deal on my 12 to 1 multiplier , hahaha Isn't this what Tier Guys do ,

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Week Ago

I'm going to be serious for a moment. There is so much useful info here. Some of it could save my life.

I'm also worried about CCC, and will leave some heavy stuff home. The pipe to prevent air bag deflation sounds like a good idea.

I wasn't aware that the driver side studs were left hand threaded. (Correct?). Is that on front and rear? Thank you all. I saw a mention of left hand threads in one thread, but it wasn't in connection with the M380.

I'll repeat it. Thank you all. I know it must be a pain to repost this stuff whenever someone buys another M380. You guys are great.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Have the eBay torque multiplier you mention. But am considering this to carry:

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...nch-64120.html - $100 with HF coupon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C9667XR..._BtB4BbGEHJV7N - $56
Have/carry the 1/2-3/4 adapter and extension cord

When setting up your onboard “stash”, keep in mind that unlike other coaches, the M380’s CCC is limited. Since my stands and bottle jack are HEAVY, they stay at home. To date I’ve relied on a Roadside Service policy (CoachNet or GoodSam) for tire issues. Like RandyS, on-the-road I rely on the leveling jacks for raising. However, I NEVER crawl under the coach without my serious (non-HF) 20-ton stands in place. Jim Brookshire devised a slick pipe block for the air bags when he owned his M380. Perhaps he could provide details or has a pic, since I never got around to making a set?

Picked up a couple rubber chocks from Northern Tool & added a chain. They have an almost solid construction and seem to be holding up.
Why not use the eBay TM and the Amazon torque stick you posted? It would seem the TM can remove the nuts, and the hard part is getting the right torque when reinstalling. Is it just too hard to get the torque stick between the Chinese eBay torque multiplier and the nut?
Old 1 Week Ago

NO LEFT HAND STUDS on M380
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks, Jim. Thought I remembered reading that somewhere in all the 380 posts, but couldn't find it again.
Old 1 Week Ago

Todd,
Torque multiplier is not used with a torque stick. With the torque multiplier you use a torque wrench on the input and multiply by the ratio (12:1 or whatever) to get the desired output torque. 37.5 lb-ft is about right on the input to torque the lugs to 450 lb-ft.
A torque stick is used with an impact wrench (air, battery, or electric) to limit the applied torque to the rating of the stick. A torque stick with a torque multiplier or other wrench is just a slighly compliant extension.

Lynn Haven, Florida
1999 LXi 43 dual slide
Honda CR-V toad

850 814 9022
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
NO LEFT HAND STUDS on M380
Thanks! I once bought an old home made cargo trailer that used a rear end from an out of business car manufacturer I'd never heard of. It had left hand threads, on one side, and it wasn't until I tried to "break loose" the "frozen" nuts by "tightening" them that I figured it out.
Old 1 Week Ago

Now this is a Wheel Chock!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Chock.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	58865
2000 LX40 ME "Angry Bird!"
Body# 129047
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Default M380 - Rear Pipe Air Bag Blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brookshire View Post
Van and the rest of 380 owners... Unfortunately this only works for the rear and is of no value when the wheels are removed. Great for changing oil etc. Hope this helps someone.
Took a couple pics of the rear air bags (right side aft & forward) while they were extended, with Jim’s description in-hand. Never noticed the steel “ledge” extension/plate from each bag. Should be easy to find four 2” dia x 8” long steel pipe “nipples”. Easy to see that inserting them between the lower and upper plates well apart from the bags, would be easy. Definitely WAY safer with those than without, especially when on the road without stands. Is a shame this only works on the rear but will definitely be worth carrying. Thanks Jim!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94D850DE-9B82-40CA-9FC9-EE35436FBA46.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	58882   Click image for larger version

Name:	E906D3BC-4128-4214-A72B-59A06A5D06F5.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	58883