Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-12-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIE,PA View Post
Thanks for the response,
Our central vac can easily be heard for 2-4 spots away at a campground. The run with the dogs is also a little "neighbor recon", to make sure there are lights on and a tv going before we fire up the vac. I'm sure the dirt devil is at least half as quiet from what you have described. Thanks for heads up.
The Perkins is loud on the outside too? Does this mean I shouldn't fire it up during little Billy's nap time after an all morning jam session on his pots n pans drum set? Don't need no stinkin loaded gun when you got a Perkins gen-set!!! Thanks again...Mike
YEH, I'll miss those good old days, after Randy installs, in place of my old Perkins in my 'Bird, his old Powertech Generator out of his Burned 'Bird in a week or so.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-13-2010

Smile central vac

Thanks for all the pointers guy's ! When I took the cover off there was a tag on the inside with all the specs for the vac and the motor with the adress and phone number for CENTRAL VAC INTERNATIONAL INC. of Los Angeles so i googled the company, found there number and gave them a call and what do ya know, they are still in buisnes! , The kind lady was able to fix me up with a new motor, new gasket kit for the door or cover,filter and a 6 pack of bags !Of course this was all before checked your replies incouraging me to just buy an after market vac , well you live and learn. anyway I should be good to go now!!
Old 03-13-2010

Sounds like you have done real well with the vac problem.

Now to avoid the Signature Police you really should take the time to let us know who we are talking with. They are watching and it won't be pretty.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-13-2010

This has to be a classic...

Assembled in Country of Origin:USA and/or ImportedOrigin of Components:USA and/or Imported

So, uh, where's it made?? Planet Earth I hope??
Old 03-13-2010

Default central vac

Not sure where it's made ,but i'll let you know . Sorry about the signature,I didn't realize that I had overlooked it , I think I got it now, we'll see when i hit the submit button, I'm new to forums in general ,please forgive me.
Old 03-20-2010

Thumbs up New Central Vac Motor

I got my new vac motor instaled, it was a real simple install and works great !!
Old 03-29-2010

do you happen to have a photo of the central vac in the closet? I know, pretty strange request but I would be curious to see what this looks like. Are there connection points all over the interior (like some house vacs i've seen that are central), or you just drag out a long hose and start cleaning?

Currently in the market for a bluebird, yes I will update this when we find one!
Proud ford owner! 1993 F150 XLT Extended Cab, 5.0 V8/Automatic. Mostly stock except for a different radio (old one is in a box) and a shell
Old 03-30-2010

There's not really much to take a picture of, the vac itself is hidden. There is one connection point located close to center of the bus, when you flip the door down and insert the hose the vac turns on. Length of hose is about 20 feet for a 35' motor home. It is basically a shop vac with a bag filter, does the job well, but if it breaks there are options. Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1874.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	299.6 KB
ID:	4554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1875.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	4555   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1876.JPG
Views:	228