Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc.

Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc. Questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding what equipment to use to tow your Toad with are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 07-25-2010

I need to up grade the wheel chock in my application. Only thing that has stopped me is finding one that will work with the various different machines I am playing with. In reality the front wheel chock should do most of the work keeping the bike from moving forward and back assuming the bike is positioned in the line of travel. I like the idea of coming up over the back of the wheel and locking in place. I will definitely look in that direction if I can fine one that will take different machines.

If the bike is 90 degrees to the line of travel it would be really nice to have some way to lock that rear wheel to keep it from even thinking about slipping side ways. You engineer types certain could figure some thing out.

For me the best systems would have the straps as pretty much back up. If the straps are the primary line of defense I agree a shaky situation.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-25-2010
Administrator

Securing fancy expensive bicycles & motorcycles, while avoiding damage and scratches is one of the more difficult tasks.
The straps must be adequate to partially compress the shocks & avoid a launch.
Old 07-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 View Post

If the bike is 90 degrees to the line of travel it would be really nice to have some way to lock that rear wheel to keep it from even thinking about slipping side ways. You engineer types certain could figure some thing out.

For me the best systems would have the straps as pretty much back up. If the straps are the primary line of defense I agree a shaky situation.
what I liked, 4"x4"x2' on either side of rear wheel. two long bolts w/ wing nuts & lock washers thru each piece of wood for quick removal.
Old 07-26-2010

John,

Take a look at www.wheeldock.com. They make a very secure system. I have a couple for our Ultra's and they do work quite well. They essentially hold the bike without the need for straps, though I always use straps. I buy straps from the dealer- the ones they use to ship the bikes from the factory to the dealers. I have a friend who moved bikes all the time (he was a trike converter, so he bought Wings and brought them to his shop to convert and then shipped the trikes around the country as needed). He told me he rarely even used a strap with a wheeldock. I don't put that much faith in it, but it does work very well.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 07-26-2010

THANKS JOHN !!! I ordered one. I've been looking on line at several of them and that one had some decided advantages for me. Easly adjustable from one size to the next. Nothing to resist rolling the bike back or forward over. Relatively fairly priced as compared to similar. Appears to be pretty well made. Not needing to compress the suspension seems good to me as well. I will be able to haul all of my "stuff" around with the possible exception of the scooters and that can be solved fairly easily by adding a scooter chock if I have too. I'll have to see how they fit in the one I got, may not need to add anything. Thanks for directing me to that sight.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-26-2010

They offer hard plastic insert type things to narrow the wider versions more. I have some for the other bikes. Haven't used them that way yet, but looks like they should do fine.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 07-26-2010

Yep bought some of those spacers and also their quick disconnect system. That way if I need to use the thing in the garage while I am working on something it will be available to me. I don't do much on the bikes but maybe changing oil etc. You never know.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 08-29-2010

It took a while to find this mfg..

http://www.builtrite.net/doubledeck/index.html

Old 08-29-2010
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Thanks’ Kurt I added that to my Favorites list.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 08-29-2010
ANOTHER REDNECK

i want too watch them put it in the water with that bus
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net