Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 03-05-2013

Default Driver's Side Windshield

Someone liked our New Bluebird sitting at our home so much they threw a "One Way" street sign at the windshield. Well I am not happy but it is what it is. I put motion detector cameras up around it in case they decide to like something else about it. Anyway I need a windshield for the drivers side asap. It measures 47 3/4" wide 31"tall. It is for a 1987 Bluebird FC 35'
Old 03-05-2013
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonroe View Post
Someone liked our New Bluebird sitting at our home so much they threw a "One Way" street sign at the windshield. Well I am not happy but it is what it is. I put motion detector cameras up around it in case they decide to like something else about it. Anyway I need a windshield for the drivers side asap. It measures 47 3/4" wide 31"tall. It is for a 1987 Bluebird FC 35'

Mike,

Check out this thread it will help you identify the windshield and where you might try to find it Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General > Windshields for FC31???

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 03-05-2013

Mike, When I needed Windshields for my FC, I used the local Blue Bird School Bus supply. If you have such a company nearby they will be able to suppy what you need. Around 300 bucks each side three years ago.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 03-05-2013
Administrator

This hurts & is not good news.
Find a Gaurdian Glass in your area or contact the local school bus garage and ask where to get the windshiels. There are part numbers on the lower windshield glass. The part numbers are on the forum someplace try a search.
Old 03-05-2013

Very sorry to hear about your windshield, Mike. It is painful, in some retail establishments, to get the correct windshield. I know someone will chime in with the correct part number soon. I replaced my windshield last year. In spite of having the correct part number, the people Progressive uses to handle glass claims (Duncan Group) managed to send the wrong piece of glass. If you check the Blue Box in your coach, you will find a thin, soft cover book that has all the BB part numbers for glass, lamps, etc. These part numbers for the windshield ARE still good! I called the OEM directly and made sure they still had in stock the correct size glass including the correct vertical height of the tinted area on the upper part of the windshield. They (Duncan Group) still ordered the wrong one. I made them send it back for the correct one. The wrong one had a much shorter tint in it. You have that book in your coach. Good luck! Call if you need help.
87 FC SOLD
89 SP SOLD
94 WB SOLD
95 WB 42
2007 Jeep Wrangler
2015 GMC Acadia
207-939-3816
Old 03-05-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbragdon View Post
Very sorry to hear about your windshield, Mike. It is painful, in some retail establishments, to get the correct windshield. I know someone will chime in with the correct part number soon. I replaced my windshield last year. In spite of having the correct part number, the people Progressive uses to handle glass claims (Duncan Group) managed to send the wrong piece of glass. If you check the Blue Box in your coach, you will find a thin, soft cover book that has all the BB part numbers for glass, lamps, etc. These part numbers for the windshield ARE still good! I called the OEM directly and made sure they still had in stock the correct size glass including the correct vertical height of the tinted area on the upper part of the windshield. They (Duncan Group) still ordered the wrong one. I made them send it back for the correct one. The wrong one had a much shorter tint in it. You have that book in your coach. Good luck! Call if you need help.
Yep, the part numbers are important, & specific, there is a black band on the bottom, color & width of the tint at the top of the windshield. Gardian knows about BB windshields
Old 03-05-2013

Has anyone ever bought glass from here? http://translitebusglass.com/index.html
Old 03-05-2013

Default Thank you all

Wow I got quotes for $975 for just the glass plus shipping and had to find my own installer. Thank you Rick I did a search for Blue Bird school bus parts and supplies and Bus Lines Inc. specializing in BB parts. I gave them the part number which Mark told me was in my Blue Box. They looked it up and said it had to be ordered 7 to 10 days, for the great price of $284.36 plus shipping.

If anyone is interested in the they are;
School Lines, Inc.
75 Ciro Rd.
N.Branford, Ct.
203/488/1382
203/481/2643 fax
Old 03-05-2013
RV Appraiser

Make sure they research the seal before they destroy the old one. A new seal may be a problem, so be prepaired to have them use the old one. You should have the Blue Bird part numbers in your blue box in that parts manual and they are obtainable from a Blue Bird School Bus dealer as Bill stated. Good Luck. Now as for the neighbors, you must live in a rough neighborhood I doubt you will get many visitors now.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 03-05-2013

Coach Glass in Eugene Ore. is a good resource. They quoted me $495.00 each side plus shipping of about $275.00 as I recall.

However when I checked with a local installer I had used before he got the windows from Coach Glass and installed them for $370.00 each. My seal was in good shape and re-usable.