BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 02-11-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Exclamation New posts don't show up

About six months ago, our old webmaster upgraded the version of VBulletin that we were using at the time, and unknowingly changed some things the way the forum works. Slowly we have been running across these issues and resolving them and a new one has been brought to my attention, so I'll do some explaining here and it has mostly to do with those of you that have been reading the new forum in a similar but not exact way as the old forum and it is going to take a little changing on that routing to work properly. I KNOW..I KNOW, YOU CAN'T TEACH OLD DOG'S NEW TRICKS..............well we are going to try

Occasionally we find a new post or thread that when it is first posted, it is in the wrong sub-forum so we just move it and then notify the guilty party...I mean....er....member, that we have moved the message to another sub-forum and tell them where to find it now. What evidently has been happening is if that member doesn't get the private message about the move and they have been using the New Posts icon on the toolbar to view their messages, it doesn't show up because of the move.

I will agree there are too many ways to read the forum and if we had our way we would eliminate some of them just to keep the confusion down, but too many people are used to it the way it is now to change things, but this problem is easy to fix as the solution is just a little to the right on the tool bar under the Quick Links icon and only involves a few changes. I have created a new tutorial on How do I read this NEW forum, like I did the old Yahoo forum on the Internet? Just click on that link to find out all about it, or open the attachment below, you can however still use the New Posts icon if you want to, but the moved posts will not show up there

If you think that this was bad, you should see what we have been having to do in the back room, where all of the forums secrets are hidden, if I told you............I'D HAVE TO KILL YA

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-12-2009

My question is "How do I read the Yahoo forum like I read this one?!??!!!!?!? I can't stand the yahoo setup! This one is simple and easy, just click on new posts and the the blue arrow for going to the first unread post. I can go through a couple of days worth of postings in about 30 minutes, where it takes me an hour to get through a couple of hours worth of postings on the yahoo sites! Gives me a headache just thinking about it!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 02-12-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post
My question is "How do I read the Yahoo forum like I read this one?!??!!!!?!? I can't stand the yahoo setup! This one is simple and easy, just click on new posts and the the blue arrow for going to the first unread post. I can go through a couple of days worth of postings in about 30 minutes, where it takes me an hour to get through a couple of hours worth of postings on the yahoo sites! Gives me a headache just thinking about it!
It can't be done, which is one of the reasons why we started this style forum in it's place.

I like this one too.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-12-2009
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdwg View Post

and thats why we spent the time and money to build this site!!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 02-12-2009

Thumbs up

Gentlemen, Thank you!!! It was well worth the effort.
Old 02-12-2009

THANK YOU! My eyes thank you and my brain thanks you! At least I can now drink my alcohol for the enjoyment and not to dull the headache! hahahahaha!

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 02-12-2009
ernie ekberg

There are some concessions that we have to deal with when it is free. The whole concept of the yahoo site was to help people. Sorry if it blurs your eyes.
Old 02-13-2009

Maybe if I could find a good optometrist, I could see better!!!hahahahahahahaha