Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 11-01-2014
RV Appraiser

Default Idiots encountered on the road

I think it is time for a new dash cam. While coming home from Rick’s place on Thursday, I had the misfortune of encountering three different idiots who could have potentially caused an accident. 1st was a bubble gummer texting on her cell phone at 60MPH who almost plowed into my left side of the bus. I avoided that one by moving into the right lane. 2nd was the three clowns who were in a large UHaul and would not allow me to merge at the I-75 - I-40 split in Knoxville, causing me to miss the exit. This was just a minor inconvenience and a few more chosen words . 3rd & last was the best; this stupid SOB was driving a Mercedes SUV towing an older Airstream Bambi trying to outrun a Peterbilt up the south side of Jellico Mountain pulling right into my lane missing the left front of the bus by mere inches. This was in the same area where 2 had gotten killed in a motorhome accident on Monday. About 10 miles later I found him, his wife walking their dog at the Kentucky Welcome Center, so I just had to confront this driving genius. I asked if he noticed his lack of driving skills and he informed me he did not have the BIG horsepower engine of my diesel and he had to get out of the way of the bigger truck so he cut short in front of me. I informed him I notice he had a mile or so in the left lane to make his transition and cutting short for his lack of power was no excuse for his poor driving behavior. He said it was not an excuse, it was his REASON. What a dumb ss. So what kind of idiots have you encountered recently?
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 11-01-2014

They don't teach people how to actually drive, they teach them what the signs mean.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 11-01-2014

You should see the view from behind the wheel of a fire truck . Nothing much surprises me anymore , lol.
318-553-4186
1994 BMC 37' "Sold"
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1986 F150
KE5WCW
Old 11-01-2014

"So convenient a thing to be a reasonable creature, for it enables one to find or make a reason for every thing one has a mind to do." Ben Franklin

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35
Old 11-01-2014

Somewhere out west,on 40 eastbound to ATL. Right hand slow lane,cruise set 63 mph with the fast lane full of passing vehicles. This young bimbo on her cell thinks I should brake to allow her to merge from the on ramp onto I40. About the time she runs out of ramp and onto the gravel she realizes that I'm not slowing. I believe she's still cussing me.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 11-01-2014

They are among us, EVERYWHERE!!!! Last week Michele and I were coming back from a long weekend down at the Brookville Reservoir. We had a great time and good weather. On the way back home I was getting of I-70 onto US 35. It is one of those dual lane exits. I am in the right lane, which is the lane the other lane merges into. I had a car and a small truck in front of me and a semi behind me. Then out of nowhere a woman in a Buick LaSaber comes up on my left, right where her lane ends. Yep you guessed it, she didn't bother to slow down she just cut me off. She was so close to me I literally couldn't see the back end of her car. All I could see was the rear window on up to the front. I couldn't hit the brakes because the semi behind me was a little closer than I liked, so I just held my breath and put my foot on the horn. She had to go onto the shoulder and into the grass a little to make that pass! I was hoping she was going someplace close by and stop but she turned off on SR 38 and I continued on US 35. I was fully prepared to call one of the guys I know and have him come and give her a notice to appear in court and I was going to file charges on her. That has been about as close to an accident that I have been in since driving this thing, and I was pissed!

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 11-01-2014

Sometimes you experience something and it just makes you wonder "what are they thinking"...

I've recently had two experiences in merge lanes where as we are just about to merge into an interstate the car that was behind me on the ramp moves up and hangs on my left side...

Uhhh...now where am I going?

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 11-01-2014

I had a young woman with children in her car speed up to cut me off from behind when I signaled to move into her lane on the expressway. I made my move and she went into the median. I pulled over and ran back to check - thank goodness no one was hurt and her car was OK also. She was hysterical and frankly I don't think she should have been driving. Shortly her father pulled up and had someone to take over for her. Apparently she had been following him and didn't want me to get between them. I thought I had to get over for an upcoming construction zone but when I got there it had been taken down and both lanes were running - signs were still up.

Maybe you've tried to accelerate into expressway traffic from a dead stop on the shoulder? Wouldn't have happened without the help of a considerate lady who slowed way down to let me in. Kinda made up for the other woman's poor driving.
Old 11-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
They are amon!!!! g us, EVERYWHERELast week Michele and I were coming back from a long weekend down at the Brookville Reservoir. We had a great time and good weather. On the way back home I was getting of I-70 onto US 35. It is one of those dual lane exits. I am in the right lane, which is the lane the other lane merges into. I had a car and a small truck in front of me and a semi behind me. Then out of nowhere a woman in a Buick LaSaber comes up on my left, right where her lane ends. Yep you guessed it, she didn't bother to slow down she just cut me off. She was so close to me I literally couldn't see the back end of her car. All I could see was the rear window on up to the front. I couldn't hit the brakes because the semi behind me was a little closer than I liked, so I just held my breath and put my foot on the horn. She had to go onto the shoulder and into the grass a little to make that pass! I was hoping she was going someplace close by and stop but she turned off on SR 38 and I continued on US 35. I was fully prepared to call one of the guys I know and have him come and give her a notice to appear in court and I was going to file charges on her. That has been about as close to an accident that I have been in since driving this thing, and I was pissed!
And they continue to breed1 Discussions of this sort always make me think of my last trip driving a bus at Arizona State. I was driving a brand new Blue Bird with 37 passengers, westbound on the east rim drive of the Grand Canyon. Two tour buses and another one of ours following me pretty close. As I approached an overlook parking area one of those idiots started backing out in front of me, of course it's a 2 lane road and a solid line of traffic coming toward me. I always drove with my left foot on the horn switch but was past the idiot before I could push it down, and all the other buses missed him too. At our next stop a few people complimented me on my driving getting through that. I told them "I had nothing to do with it, full credit goes to the 2 ladies (Nuns) in the seat right behind me."
43 years and I still get a chill when I think about it..

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 11-01-2014

Its not just idiots pulling in front of motor homes. They do it in front of 18 wheelers as well. Seems a large part of the driving public have no clue as to what a speed limit is or what a "yield" sign means.