Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 01-10-2009

Default Power Steering

Hello Everyone,

I was doing my pretrip before leaving for Fort Valley and found that my Power Steering canister is empty. I can't find any one that has the Texaco HD 32 . The closest thing I can find is something made by Mystik
Can anyone tell me if this will work or maybe who sells the Texaco 32?
I checked 4 Texaco's with no luck

Mystik AW Hydraulic Oil, ISO 46

Hydraulic Oil; ISO 46; Used in Modern High and Low Pressure Industrial and Mobile Hydraulic

Premium quality antiwear, antileak and antifoam ISO 46 hydraulic oil formulated for use in modern high and low pressure industrial and mobile hydraulic systems. They meet the toughest requirements of most manufacturers and are dyed green for identification. A fully synthetic seal swell prevents minor leaks and preserves seals. Cincinnati Lamb approved. Desison HF-0 approved. Eaton M-2950 and I286-S performance. Premium quality antiwear antileak antifoam hyd oil. Excellent oxidation resistance. Good water separation characteristics. Dyed green for easy identification.

Les & Kim Walston
Marion Station , MD
2000 LXI 43
Old 01-10-2009

I also found

Mystik AW Hydraulic Oil, ISO 68,
Premium quality antiwear, antileak and antifoam ISO 68 hydraulic oil formulated for use in modern high and low pressure industrial and mobile hydraulic systems. They meet the toughest requirements of most manufacturers and are dyed green for identification. A fully synthetic seal swell prevents minor leaks and preserves seals. Cincinnati Lamb approved. Desison HF-0 approved. Eaton M-2950 and I286-S performance. Premium quality antiwear antileak antifoam hyd oil. Excellent oxidation resistance. Good water separation characteristics. Dyed green for easy identification.

Les & Kim Walston
Marion Station , MD
2000 LXI 43
Old 01-10-2009
davidmbrady

Les,

Don't do it. There are too many very expensive parts at stake.Take the time to search out Texaxo Rando HD 32. Texaco Rando is specifically formulated for the needs of the Wanderlodge fan hydraulic and power steering systems. The pto, hydraulic pump, fan motor, power steering, and filters are very specific and require the properties that Rando HD 32 offers. Once a system becomes accustomed to a specific fluid, the seals may not take a substitute lightly.

In addition, you need to find out where the fluid went. The fan motor seals have definite lifetime. Check for leaks at the fan, the filter, and ruptures at the hoses.

BTW, the 32 in Texaco Rando HD 32 is for ISO 32.

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Last edited by davidmbrady; 01-10-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2009

I found the leak, It is a hose under the passenger side of the engine.
Thanks for the info , I will sit tight until I find the Texaco HD 32

Les & Kim Walston
Marion Station , MD
2000 LXI 43