Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your SP model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....List your SP parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 04-07-2015
Goat rails in the sunset

Default REMCO controller under dashboard?

I don't know REMCO at all, but they make transmission pumps for toads. I have a REMCO controller under the dash, it came with my 'bird, never gave it much thought, kinda thought it was something like a radar detector from the factory on an SP (hence in the SP area). It has an ON/OFF switch and a light, doesn't light up when I turn it on.

I want to add an electric brake controller for a utility trailer. I have a 7-pin trailer connector with round pins under the rear bumper, is that what Fort Valley originally installed?

I'm thinking I could re-purpose the REMCO wiring to span the 36' between brake pedal and trailer connector. Would it already be wired into the 7-pin connector? I mean, is that how toad transmission pumps get their power/control?

According to the dealer, the electric trailer brakes + controller will run off the brake pedal signal.

I'm muddling thru this, any ideas or clarity about the 7-pin connector, REMCO box, and trailer brakes appreciated
Full-time in 2019
Old 04-07-2015
Tom Blackwell

One of the pins should be for brakes, although the BB coaches did not have this pin wired. There should be another pin that is plus 12v that went to the Remco pump. The trailer brakes will require a controller; either one that uses an air signal from the coach brakes or a stand-alone controller that uses either time or a deceleration sensor. Hayes has an air/electric controller that you should be able to find on line.
Old 04-07-2015
Goat rails in the sunset

Thanks Tom, it is raining cats'n'dogs here today. I appreciate getting this info and making progress the dry way.
Full-time in 2019