Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies

Rallies Some of the rallies listed here are closed to posting by other than rally masters. Some old rallies are closed do to their being old rallies.

Site Search:

Old 05-13-2019

Looking forward to this! We could not go last year due to engine issues...they have been corrected and we will be there with bells on

Phil
Old 05-15-2019

I gat approval to use the fairgrounds for a "Wanderlodge Rodeo"! When I drove school bus we had training sessions on the grounds so we will too.. I will set up cones AWAY FROM POWER POLES and have the passenger seat "drivers" IN THE DRIVER SEAT and let them try driving the wild beasts. To make it more fun the "normal driver" will be in the passenger seat barking... no coaching on where to turn and so on. I will have a campsite slot with cones so they can back into the campsite and how about a " roundabout" too. It will all be done in slow motion. I think it should be fun. After that "turn about is fair play!" The normal driver will be the driver and the passenger seat driver will "coach" as usual EXCEPT that normal driver will be doing a "Blind Bucket Challenge " which means he or she will have a bucket over his or her head and have to totally rely on the " passenger for direction.

This too will be a very slow event. I did this in my Lotus last year at an event and most of the time thought I was moving when I was not.My co driver kept telling me to MOVE! It was fun and fun to watch.
Oh yes, there will be trophies presented ( and one for the most cones killed)
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 05-15-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by biobug View Post
I gat approval to use the fairgrounds for a "Wanderlodge Rodeo"! When I drove school bus we had training sessions on the grounds so we will too.. I will set up cones AWAY FROM POWER POLES and have the passenger seat "drivers" IN THE DRIVER SEAT and let them try driving the wild beasts. To make it more fun the "normal driver" will be in the passenger seat barking... no coaching on where to turn and so on. I will have a campsite slot with cones so they can back into the campsite and how about a " roundabout" too. It will all be done in slow motion. I think it should be fun. After that "turn about is fair play!" The normal driver will be the driver and the passenger seat driver will "coach" as usual EXCEPT that normal driver will be doing a "Blind Bucket Challenge " which means he or she will have a bucket over his or her head and have to totally rely on the " passenger for direction.

This too will be a very slow event. I did this in my Lotus last year at an event and most of the time thought I was moving when I was not.My co driver kept telling me to MOVE! It was fun and fun to watch.
Oh yes, there will be trophies presented ( and one for the most cones killed)

Fun stuff!!
I wish i could be there!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-15-2019

I wish you could too Randy! It is starting to look like a Wanderlodge SP Rally! 4 SPs in one place! Of course," we are the Corvettes of Wanderlodges!":. Of course after buying our "Corvette" and driving back from North Carolina over the Rockies I started thinking "Corvair!"... and NOT the Corsa!
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 05-31-2019

Really looking forward to this Especially the Wanderlodge grand prix. Two questions:
1. How early can we get there? We were thinking a day or two before it starts.
2. You said there are many beautiful things to do & see between Olympia & Hood River. Any specific recommendations?

See you there!
"Retirement Bird" 1997 43WB
"Silver Shadow"1988 PT-40 Concept Coach - Sold!
Old 06-02-2019

Quote:
Here are some of the highlights to see and sample !
www.waaamuseum.org This place is amazing! They will also have many of the planes and cars out in the big Downtown 4th. of July Parade
https://www.mthoodrr.com. The railroad runs thru the valley from downtown to Parkdale where it stops and a great lunch can be had at
http://www.applevalleybbq.com
http://www.timberlinelodge.com This is oce of the places we will caravan to. For lunch. This beautiful lodge was featured in the movie "The Shining".
www.sawtoothroadhouse.com is close to the fairgrounds on Hwy 35 and a favorite of the locals.
A few of the great Breweries / eateries are listed below
https://www.fullsailbrewing.com We will have their popular Sessions beer on Ice at the Rally
www.Pfriembeer.com This place has won many awards for their food and beer.

Of course the fairgrounds website is here. www.hoodriverfair.org

There are many award winning wineries , Hard Cider Tasting rooms, eateries and my favorite. PACKERS ORCHARDS AND BAKERY.
https://packerorchards.com

Oh ya, I forgot to mention THERE IS NO SALES TAX IN OREGON!
Hi john,

We are new and have not been to any rally! Currently fixing up the coach we purchased a couple of months ago and planning to head north to Alaska! If all goes well, we could make it to hood river for the rally. Do we need to sign up? Campsites are at Fairgrounds I assume but the website says groups only! I couldn’t find out how to reserve a site or do we need to?
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 06-02-2019

All you have to do is show up. You pay Kathie or me for the nights you stay. We do it this way so if plans change you are not out any money. You can come a day early and stay a day late also.
porschenein59@gorge.net

Old 06-03-2019

Default Hood River Rally

John, I just wanted you to know we are planning to be there. I will contact you as our schedule gets known. I am looking forward to a quieter 4th of July than here at home. It sounds like a war zone with all the illegal fireworks here.

Lucas and Linda Willemse
Old 06-03-2019

Quote:
All you have to do is show up. You pay Kathie or me for the nights you stay. We do it this way so if plans change you are not out any money. You can come a day early and stay a day late also.
Barring any breakdown, we shall be there a day early to get one of the 50 amps as for some reason the coach (ACs) don’t do well with 30 amp!

If our plan changes I’ll let you know!

Thank you for arranging the rally!
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 06-09-2019

John and Kathy,

Thanks for putting this on once again. We are planning on coming again this year as the last two were so much fun. If our plans pan out we should be arriving on the 5th.
Mark, Rebecca and the kids
1988 PT40