Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 02-03-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default The tank factor

After seeing all varieties of motorhomes and travel trailers while I traveled around the USA and Canada moving oversized loads for over thirty years and also owning two motorhomes, one all steel Superior and one Travco fiberglass and then I rebuilt an all steel Superior schoolie gas pusher converted bus, I was getting ready to throw more money into the bus conversion with a re-power with a Detroit and an Allison, when I found my 'Bird on eBay and that is what started my interest in the original Wanderlodge forum, because while I had only been inside of a couple of Wanderlodges, of the side bath version, I knew very little about what made up a 'Bird, so I had a lot of questions.

I knew about the BlueBird school busses and that the Wanderlodge looked a little bit like them and the fact that the school bus version was built like a tank impressed me, then to find out that the Wanderlodge also met the school bus roll over standards made it even more inviting. but what sold me on my 'Bird most of all was the rear bath floor plan and the fact that it opened up the living and dining areas of the bus. I wasn't concerned so much about the twin bed setup, as I had been married and divorced twice and had ended a long term relationship about five years prior to all of this and I really was enjoying traveling by myself, so my 'Bird really fit my style.

Believe me it was not a very inviting nor appalling coach to look at or travel in when I first brought it back from Marshall, Texas where I found it and it has come along ways since then, plus it has quite the history behind it too. i wasn't even sure if it would fit into my drive through the gate and since the picture below the gate has been widened to 16 feet

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/24977428

I knew I had my work cut out for me when I saw that broken front drivers seat, below. I had to place a pillow behind the beaded cushion so that I could get it back to South Carolina and that trip told me why they are called WANDERlodges, but that has all been cured now thanks to the members help on the Wanderlodge related forums.

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/24977442

So if you are looking at a Wanderlodge and thinking about buying it and don't mind doing some WORK on it, just plunge right in and GET 'ER DONE and we will be here to help you figure things out, just like the members did for me. You can see almost everything that I have done to my 'Bird by checking out my photo web site starting at;
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/24977457

Or just like it says in the picture below, just click on it!

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-03-2008

We bought ours 11 years ago
There was a discussion when we bought it
whether to buy a newer sob and immediately put an Engine and drive train in it or buy the Wanderlodge and simply redecorate
Wanderlodge won and we are much happier seems to be the fellow owners that make the difference

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 02-03-2008
Forum owner

I don't want to bore you guys with my bird story (its on the www.buybyebluebird.com site ) but I do want to add to Johns story.
His bird was on ebay,and it was going cheap.
i was thinking of buying it,to fix it and re-sell it.
This was way back and i was on the orignal wanderlodge site helping guys with their coachs and I read that John was looking at the bud bus.
So,i backed down and John bought the coach.
He has done alot of remodeling and its been a good coach for him!
Boy,am I glad he bought it!
If he had not of bought it ,this site would not be possible!
Randy

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 03-12-2011

Any one see this today?

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/12/br.../?ncid=webmail
Cape Cod,ma
Old 03-12-2011

Cruising in center lane @ 70 in a 65 zone in my Subie Forester, semi flying up behind, a little late making the move to the left lane, had to mat the throttle to save my ***, glad it's a turbo, too many steering wheel holders, and this was a gas tanker. Road dry, light traffic, just a moron behind the wheel of a death machine. The scum that hit the bus, hanging is too good for him...
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 03-12-2011

I saw that on the early morning news. At that time they hadn't talked to the driver yet but other witnesses had told them about the truck.

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)