Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 10-31-2009

Call Clyde Schumman at Seguin Diesel, just outside of San Antonio. A well respected diesel shop, owned by a member of the Lonestar Birds. Clyde owns a bird and has helped keep a lot of the Texas Birds on the road. 830-379-7212
2000 LXI "Fort R #5"
Fort Worth, Tx gardendoc@aol.com
Old 11-01-2009

I, too, can certainly vouch for Clyde and his work. He, Sarah, and family are good people. He's busy though, so give him a call early.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold
Old 11-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardendoc View Post
Call Clyde Schumman at Seguin Diesel, just outside of San Antonio. A well respected diesel shop, owned by a member of the Lonestar Birds. Clyde owns a bird and has helped keep a lot of the Texas Birds on the road. 830-379-7212
DITTO.
We take our BB to Clyde. He is very thorough with inspecting all systems on our house-on-wheels. Pays attention to little stuff and big stuff and everything in between.

We are lucky to have such good resource!!! Just wish that he had a customer waiting room.

Regards,
Jack
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 11-12-2009

Default Seguin Diesel

Can't say enough about Seguin Diesel just their Monday because of exhaust leak from manifold gasket.We had a broken stud and Clyde worked to get us back on the road.Runs great. so we highly recommend Clyde Schumann at Seguin Diesel Truck Service
555 IH 10 East
Seguin TX. 78155
(830)379-7212
Old 05-07-2011

Default Seguin Diesel

Hey everyone, I just want to add another plug for Clyde. He does Quality work and is extremely knowledgable. Its 200 miles for me and you can rest assured that it is worth every mile driven.
Old 05-08-2011
Geek

I was very happy with service performed at Seguin last November. About the only thing I can add is that Clyde likes it to be known that he limits Birds to one at a time; as a small shop that is the only way they can give good service to the Bird while keeping their regular truck customers happy. So, call in advance!
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 05-14-2011

Default Thanks Clyde!

I have been having an issue with our 89' PT transmission not shifting out of neutral. Clyde was able to help me over the phone locate the speed sensor that was causing the code. His advice to remove it and clean it worked.
Thanks Clyde!

Susan and Dean Toensing
Boerne, Texas
210-842-1967
1989 40'PTWB "Tara Farm"
Old 01-23-2016

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...reply&p=108108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoensing View Post
I have been having an issue with our 89' PT transmission not shifting out of neutral. Clyde was able to help me over the phone locate the speed sensor that was causing the code. His advice to remove it and clean it worked.
Thanks Clyde!
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 10-19-2016

Sad day cause I called Clyd today in Seguin TX to see about having his shop service my BB but was told by his receptionist that they are not taking any new client. Told the truck shop that I found good reviews here on WOG about them. And that I wanted to drive 2 hrs to his shop to start maintaining my bus with them.

Was told by shop that Clyde, the owner, is turning his truck repair shop business over to his son and cant take new customers.

I ask recipintiontist when may take on new BB customer in the future and was told they may not want to anymore...

Clyde, if you are reading this post and would be so kind as to take on one last BB customer that REALLY like his BB than please contact me. I live in cypress TX and really want one good shop that I can trust to help me manage my bird.

Khanh
email me at chia30@att.net
Old 10-19-2016

Khanah, of course Clyde and his son will speak for themselves, but they have not been able to service Bluebirds for some time. It is a very small shop with many dedicated commercial customers that must have their equipment in and out fast, and taking up one of the three bays with a Bird is just not feasible. I recently found the Detroit Diesel shop here in Knoxville to not take in any 2 strokes any more. Clyde and his family are good people and would love nothing better than to help another Birder, but I completely understand if he is not able to help.
1986 PT36 6V92 "Golden Memories"-Sold
1993 WB40 "freeNeasy"-Sold