Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-12-2010
Forum Moderator

Default Winterizing LXi Wet Bay

I'd like some advice on heating the wet bay next to the drive axle. My other bays are heated but it would appear that this one isn't for some reason. Would putting a 12V car heater or a plain 100W light bulb with a computer fan in the bay do the trick? Has anyone lived in their LXi during the winter and addressed this situation? I have used the light bulb trick on my 94 but on this LXi it appears to be a pass through wet bay and it may require something else. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2010
pgchd

Hi Rob,
I think you may need to look again, I would be very surprised if it is NOT heated......yeah I know, every one custom....... but mine is heated......the radiator and"loop" is mounted on "top" of the wet bay ceiling right beneath the coach floor center of the bay.....you need to remove the curb side wet bay steel panel to see it.........FYI.....the heated bays in winter keep the floor nice and Toasty!
Old 10-13-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchd View Post
Hi Rob,
I think you may need to look again, I would be very surprised if it is NOT heated......yeah I know, every one custom....... but mine is heated......the radiator and"loop" is mounted on "top" of the wet bay ceiling right beneath the coach floor center of the bay.....you need to remove the curb side wet bay steel panel to see it.........FYI.....the heated bays in winter keep the floor nice and Toasty!
Thank you Peter I will remove that panel and confirm your suspicions. I didn't see any radiator on the other side and noted that the previous owner had installed a remote temp sending unit so I assumed he might be monitoring the bay because he was worried about freezing.
Old 10-13-2010
davidmbrady

Rob,

Are you talking about the bay with the dump valves and the fresh and waste water tanks? If so, it should be heated. Heaters should be screwed to the basement ceiling. The trouble is that the plastic floor of the dump valve area isn't insulated. During really cold weather I've had to lay a sheet of fiberglass insulation on the floor. The previous owner may have been monitoring temps there.
Old 10-13-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Rob,

Are you talking about the bay with the dump valves and the fresh and waste water tanks? If so, it should be heated. Heaters should be screwed to the basement ceiling. The trouble is that the plastic floor of the dump valve area isn't insulated. During really cold weather I've had to lay a sheet of fiberglass insulation on the floor. The previous owner may have been monitoring temps there.
Ahhhh it's all becoming clear. Yes David that's the bay I'm talking about.
Old 10-13-2010

My '99LXi has a small heater in the wet bay. Same heater as in bay #2 curbside. I believe the thermostat in bay #2 curbside operates both of these heaters. You should be able to hear the fan running without removing the panel to see the heater in the wet bay.
Old 10-14-2010
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_man View Post
My '99LXi has a small heater in the wet bay. Same heater as in bay #2 curbside. I believe the thermostat in bay #2 curbside operates both of these heaters. You should be able to hear the fan running without removing the panel to see the heater in the wet bay.
Thanks Rich and others. I confirmed what you guys have been saying. I have a heater on the ceiling of each side of the wet bay.