Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 06-13-2010

Default Softening up the wife

OK... here we go ... went camping with the scout group "family camping" which means " not a scout sanctioned event" which means every one is on there own( keep an eye on your own kid). @ the Monroe , Michigan KOA. This place is the best campground that we have been to with our group. They catered to needs like a classs act. What ever we needed was addressed emidately.Plenty of activities and a dusk movie. The staff was the best that i"ve seen in years. We will be back... Ok now to soften up the wife... After a long weenend of going to the campground and getting in a graduiation in between... (miles of driving from home to campground and back for party) while unloading the travel trailer)....my wife commented on how grumpy I was. I told her I would be a lot happier if I was unloading my BLUEBIRD. She "BIT" ... she agreeded... Just a matter of time now!... lOVE YOU GUYS...
Old 06-13-2010
Gardner

Jeff,
When ever I mentioned an RV, my wifes response was "over my dead body". I finally won out and purchased a low cost '78 FC. After the first trip she was doing the planning. We now have an '83 FC, and she loves it.

She started to see the quality when we were cleaning the interior of the '78. We started in the back and slowly worked to the front. At each stage she kept commenting on how well it was built and how easy it was to clean.

You can't beat a Bird for quality, longevity, and price/performance.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 06-13-2010

Same story here. Dorinda shared my dream for my sake, but now that we have one, she is having all kinds of fun, mostly meeting the Blue Bird people. She's ready to go.
Old 06-13-2010
Forum owner

its not just the bird either,its the bird people!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-13-2010

Default She's a Keeper

Well guys, I don't mean to brag, but. I have the best wife. When I wanted to buy a Motorcycle she said ok honey whatever you want! Well I have owned 1 harley and four Goldwings ( you can't beat the quality, and yes they are made in america, since 1977) and the last ones is a Trike. and when I wanted to buy a BlueBird it was hard getting her out the way so I could look at them. She is a DOLL, she just says Honey you buy the one you want! And she LOVES the Quality!
And NO I am not the one who bought the pendant, she would much rather spend the money on toys for the Bird or the Trike! Gotta love that girl! Oh Yea!!
Idaho
Old 06-14-2010

Default Softening up the wife

Vadie is a keeper as well, just having to put up with me.
I have been a busnut for years, and when I met her, I had told her so. My dream was to have a bus motorhome. I was in the process of building one but things went sour - actually it was in a fire at the repair shop. After many years of litigation, finally got a settlement.
Vadie had a new truck and she wanted a travel trailer, not a bus, so we ended up buying a 5th wheel. After 5 years it was time to move up, and we found $quanderlodge. Vadie did not like the colors, but she put up with me, as I liked the coach. When Randy put up a sign "For sale 88XXV - cheap $35k", I jumped at it without asking Vadie. I could not get hold of her, and she read it on the forum . This was July 09. I sweet talked her into thinking that this was a real good deal, and it was the coach she wanted. BUT WE HAD TWO COACHES, that did not please her. We held onto $quanderlodge until April 10, until it was sold. In the meantime, January 2010, another good deal came up, Rob's burnt coach - and although we had talked about it, nothing was really discussed. I put in a bid on it and OMG, as Vadie would put it "we now own 2 birds that fly and one that doesn't" What are we doing?
Needless to say, we picked up the 88XXV recently and we are very happy with our new coach. We would both like to attend more rallies and all, but unfortunate we live in a part of the country there are not many birds.
Old 06-14-2010
Extra puzzle piece

My woman thought I was nuts but she was excited. She would go back and forth between "Oh my god I can't do this" when she was away from the bus to "I love this bus" whenever she's in it =)