Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) > BMC Parts List

BMC Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the BMC model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 10-01-2019

That is not normal. Did you follow the wiring instructions? There could be an issue if you 4 ways are also your brake lights. Are they? If so it is back feeding and the control thinks your hitting your brakes.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
That is not normal. Did you follow the wiring instructions? There could be an issue if you 4 ways are also your brake lights. Are they? If so it is back feeding and the control thinks your hitting your brakes.
Rick,

I wired it correctly. With the OEM Econo-Cruise system, you would have been correct that this is abnormal. With the aftermarket King Cruise system and with the rear brake and emergency rear lights on my '94 BMC sharing lamps as they do, the new system is sensing brake application from the common bulbs. I called Steve at King Cruise and he confirmed it. There is a workaround I'll pursue later, but it's no problem for me at this point.

Dave
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Rick,

I wired it correctly. With the OEM Econo-Cruise system, you would have been correct that this is abnormal. With the aftermarket King Cruise system and with the rear brake and emergency rear lights on my '94 BMC sharing lamps as they do, the new system is sensing brake application from the common bulbs. I called Steve at King Cruise and he confirmed it. There is a workaround I'll pursue later, but it's no problem for me at this point.

Dave
Is that not what I posted?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
Is that not what I posted?
Nope, you're post began with "This is not normal" and implied I may not have wired it correctly. Turns out, for the King Cruise system properly installed on my coach, it IS normal.
Old 10-07-2019

OK Sir your right. The last three sentences my post were worthless.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 10-07-2019

Is it “normal” for the flashers to be wired to the brake lights, on my 95 BMC and my car they are not. May be a BB thing, or a previous owner did some creative wiring.
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Gregg View Post
Is it “normal” for the flashers to be wired to the brake lights, on my 95 BMC and my car they are not. May be a BB thing, or a previous owner did some creative wiring.
I'm the fourth owner Marty, but the '94 BMC37 has turned out to be a one of a kind model in many ways, including wiring. I don't know why any owner would change the tail light config. When I bought it, the original econo-cruise still worked and it did not disengage with the emergency flashers. I wired my harness to the brake light switch as per the instructions so in my opinion, the problem lies with the King Cruise controller. When I called Steve at King Cruise and told him about this, he acknowledged that it was a common King Cruise problem in coaches that shared brake and emergency lights on the same bulbs so it must happen on other coaches besides my model. If I ever get around to converting to LED lighting, I've got a plan to separate the bulbs between the two modes. In the meantime, the cruise control is otherwise working great and I'm very happy with it.

Dave
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
OK Sir your right. The last three sentences my post were worthless.
Rick,

The last three sentences in your post correctly identified the cause of the disconnect. But your first sentences implied the system was installed incorrectly. It wasn't. The fault lies with either the design of the King Cruise computer, or the wiring diagram for my coach which I complied with. The manufacturer admitted as much.

I appreciate your comments.

Dave