Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago
WanderBee

Default Avalon Landing RV Park - Milton, FL

Hello everyone!

Its been a while since I've been on here. Life has been a whirlwind the last few months and its finally settling down a bit.

I posted back in August that I was moving from my long-time home in Marietta, GA down to the Pensacola area. I finally completed the first leg of that move about 3-4 weeks ago when we closed on our house and moved everything in to storage down here.

We haven't found a house yet so myself, my wife, and our 2 80+ lb dogs are living out of the Bird in the RV park mentioned in the title. Its been a great park to stay in and I highly recommend it - clean sites with laundry facilities and an overall well-maintained park.

In any case, we do have a house under contract. Its going to need some work (by the seller) so we'll likely be hanging out in the RV park until some time in January (or longer?).

I have to say that living full-time out of the Bird has been fun but cramped. I lived by myself in it (went back to Marietta on the weekends to pack) for about 2 months. Adding the wife, the dogs, all our houseplants, and all the things we need to live has filled it to the rim! Funny part is we also have our outdoor planters sitting with us at the site as well.

We talked about doing some limited full-time living sometime after retirement (which is still 15 years or so away) and this confirms we will likely do it although neither of us wants to go truly full-time - just some extended trips of no more than a couple of months.

All in all, we are happy we have made the move. Atlanta finally got to be too much for us. Pensacola seems to be fitting us very well.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Avalon Landing is a nice place.

Above is a view out the windshield last time we were there.
Nearby there is an off leash dog beach on the Gulf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike in Milton Avalon Landing2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	65043  

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 4 Weeks Ago
WanderBee

I think you are talking about Optimist Park for the dog park?

Its about 5-10 minutes down the road I think. Haven't been there yet but a trip with the dogs is on the docket for them.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
Hello everyone!

Its been a while since I've been on here. Life has been a whirlwind the last few months and its finally settling down a bit.

I posted back in August that I was moving from my long-time home in Marietta, GA down to the Pensacola area. I finally completed the first leg of that move about 3-4 weeks ago when we closed on our house and moved everything in to storage down here.

We haven't found a house yet so myself, my wife, and our 2 80+ lb dogs are living out of the Bird in the RV park mentioned in the title. Its been a great park to stay in and I highly recommend it - clean sites with laundry facilities and an overall well-maintained park.

In any case, we do have a house under contract. Its going to need some work (by the seller) so we'll likely be hanging out in the RV park until some time in January (or longer?).

I have to say that living full-time out of the Bird has been fun but cramped. I lived by myself in it (went back to Marietta on the weekends to pack) for about 2 months. Adding the wife, the dogs, all our houseplants, and all the things we need to live has filled it to the rim! Funny part is we also have our outdoor planters sitting with us at the site as well.

We talked about doing some limited full-time living sometime after retirement (which is still 15 years or so away) and this confirms we will likely do it although neither of us wants to go truly full-time - just some extended trips of no more than a couple of months.

All in all, we are happy we have made the move. Atlanta finally got to be too much for us. Pensacola seems to be fitting us very well.
Congrats on the move. Pensacola offers a lot for a relatively small city. Great beaches, concerts, vibrant downtown town (check out gallery night), museums, and lots of history. I went back to school as an adult and did a lot of archaeology in the area, much of it on the Emmanuel Point II shipwreck which is from the 1559 De Luna colonization fleet. Pensacola predates St. Augustine by a few years.
Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood!

Bill & Tracy Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I think you are talking about Optimist Park for the dog park?

Its about 5-10 minutes down the road I think. Haven't been there yet but a trip with the dogs is on the docket for them.

A bit of a drive but very nice.

Pensacola Dog Beach West
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	At the Beach 2-17.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	65047  

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 4 Weeks Ago
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirn and Carolyn View Post

A bit of a drive but very nice.

Pensacola Dog Beach West
Ah yes. If its the one near Ft Pickens, we went by there a week or 2 ago but haven't yet taken the dogs as the weather hasn't cooperated on the weekends. Its about 5 minutes from my office as well.

We are really looking forward to seeing their first time on the beach - should be quite an experience.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Latitude View Post
Congrats on the move. Pensacola offers a lot for a relatively small city. Great beaches, concerts, vibrant downtown town (check out gallery night), museums, and lots of history. I went back to school as an adult and did a lot of archaeology in the area, much of it on the Emmanuel Point II shipwreck which is from the 1559 De Luna colonization fleet. Pensacola predates St. Augustine by a few years.
Anyway, welcome to the neighborhood!
Thanks! We have already begun getting out and about - went to a concert at Saenger Theater downtown and going to another tomorrow night.

We are greatly enjoying the exploring and are looking forward to getting settled in to a house.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks for posting this campground. We are headed to Texas for the holidays and our first leg of the trip has us stopping near Pensacola, so we are going to see if they have a spot for us. Will just be an overnight stay.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 4 Weeks Ago
WanderBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
Thanks for posting this campground. We are headed to Texas for the holidays and our first leg of the trip has us stopping near Pensacola, so we are going to see if they have a spot for us. Will just be an overnight stay.
Its right off of I-10 (less than a half mile) just before Escambia Bay - so it should be a convenient stop. I am going to be headed to ATL on the day before Thanksgiving. But, if you come in earlier that week, say hello. I am not sure what site we will be in at this point as I know we are slated to move to a new site on that prior Sunday.
Marietta, GA
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Its right off of I-10 (less than a half mile) just before Escambia Bay - so it should be a convenient stop. I am going to be headed to ATL on the day before Thanksgiving. But, if you come in earlier that week, say hello. I am not sure what site we will be in at this point as I know we are slated to move to a new site on that prior Sunday.
Thanks, it will be december 21st on our way for Christmas in Texas. Just called and got the site, they were very nice and looking forward to seeing another Wanderlodge.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460