Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 02-26-2012

Default New Refrigerator

Cannot brag enough about the good folks at CoachCraft By MacDonald in Columbus, GA on my new refrigerator installation. Took them about half a day to remove the windshield, remove old Amana and put in the brand new Frigidaire and replace the windshield.

Stainless steel reefer works great and looks good - fit right in the hole like a glove.

On another service provider - any of y'all in the Gulf Shores/Mobile area and need some work done - call Bobby Tarver at Cherokee Farms RV Center. I watched him fix an AquaHot at almost the "speed of light" Owner though the pumps needed replacing - Bobby replaced the brushes on the pumps at a fraction of the cost of replacing the pumps.

Bobby's preparing to build what appears to be a first class RV Park on Highway 32, just a few miles west of Summerdale, AL.

cherokeefarmsrvcenter.com
Old 02-26-2012
davidmbrady

If Bobby got those brushes installed in the speed of light, he's definitely talented. Those brushes are a bugger. Tommy, tell us more about the model reefer that you bought.
Old 02-26-2012

Tommy,

I, too, just had some super service performed at Coachcraft by MacDonald while passing through Columbus. We are at Gulf Shores now and will look up Bobby Tarver if we need anything. Thanks for the tip.
Old 02-26-2012

David:

The refrigerator we bought is a Frigedaire "Gallery" 22.6 cubic ft, side by side, counter depth, stainless steel. We got it at Best Buy. It has through the door water, ice and appropriate digital controls are displayed on the outside of the door. The measurements fit my old Amana perfectly, so there was no modification to the "hole" (except to accomodate the hinges) where the fridge is installed. Depth: 23 5/8"; Height: 68 1/4; width 35 3/8. It has water and air filters, which is a neat feature, if you like to drink the water. The filter removes the "RV Flavor" from the water. Without the extended warranty, the price was right at $1,300.00.

We've had it in now about 5 weeks and so far it works super. Temps are constantly at the factory recommendation: -2 degrees, F for the freezer and 34 degrees F for the fridge.

The closest we could come to the appropriate measurements were the Frigidaire, Samsung and LG. The Samsung and the LG were about twice the costs of the Frigidaire.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2012

hi tommy
sounds like you picked 2 winners the frig and installer!!
mike
even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile
washington Il.
Old 02-27-2012
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post
David:

The refrigerator we bought is a Frigedaire "Gallery" 22.6 cubic ft, side by side, counter depth, stainless steel. We got it at Best Buy. It has through the door water, ice and appropriate digital controls are displayed on the outside of the door. The measurements fit my old Amana perfectly, so there was no modification to the "hole" (except to accomodate the hinges) where the fridge is installed. Depth: 23 5/8"; Height: 68 1/4; width 35 3/8. It has water and air filters, which is a neat feature, if you like to drink the water. The filter removes the "RV Flavor" from the water. Without the extended warranty, the price was right at $1,300.00.

We've had it in now about 5 weeks and so far it works super. Temps are constantly at the factory recommendation: -2 degrees, F for the freezer and 34 degrees F for the fridge.

The closest we could come to the appropriate measurements were the Frigidaire, Samsung and LG. The Samsung and the LG were about twice the costs of the Frigidaire.

Hope this helps.
Tommy could you tell us what amps it claims to use on the inside sticker.
Old 02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Tommy could you tell us what amps it claims to use on the inside sticker.

Rob:

8.50 AMPS, 115 VAC, 60 Hz
Old 02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Hat Guy View Post

On another service provider - any of y'all in the Gulf Shores/Mobile area and need some work done - call Bobby Tarver at Cherokee Farms RV Center. I watched him fix an AquaHot at almost the "speed of light" Owner though the pumps needed replacing - Bobby replaced the brushes on the pumps at a fraction of the cost of replacing the pumps.

cherokeefarmsrvcenter.com
Hey Tommy, all sounds good. I was wondering where are the brushes on what pumps in an Aqua Hot? can you elaborate a little more counselor ... thanks
Old 02-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somervillebus View Post
Hey Tommy, all sounds good. I was wondering where are the brushes on what pumps in an Aqua Hot? can you elaborate a little more counselor ... thanks
OOPS my bad....circulation pumps ....Duh! never really thought much about um. Guess you don't until they quit working. Looks like they could be a pain to replace brushes. Interesting. I move to dismiss
Old 02-28-2012

Motion Granted, Slim. This was not on my 'bird - my "old reliable" Primus serves me fine.

The brushes were replaced on Eddie Ray's coach. As I understand, Eddie was looking at replacing the pumps at a cost of several hundreds.

Maybe a little longer than the "speed of light" but not over an hour or less to replace all of them. Eddie's Aqua Hot now runs like a charm. Chief Ray can give you all the details.