Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 09-06-2019

Well color me stupid, hah! I went out and looked myself and I forgot that I'm set up for CC/CV, so it's just pounding out the amps until it's done. I had a conversation with Magnum support about the BMK (since I am not using one) and I mixed up that one tiny little thing. My "absorb" phase ends based on current draw at max voltage without the BMK, but there's no float or anything after that, it just stops.
Old 09-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Well color me stupid, hah! I went out and looked myself and I forgot that I'm set up for CC/CV, so it's just pounding out the amps until it's done. I had a conversation with Magnum support about the BMK (since I am not using one) and I mixed up that one tiny little thing. My "absorb" phase ends based on current draw at max voltage without the BMK, but there's no float or anything after that, it just stops.
No stupid here... I think you forgot more than I know
Ex-PT36
Old 09-16-2019

Finally rewired the panels! And here are the readings this afternoon at around 3 pm in partial shade!
PV array
130 volts
.1 kw
Battery bank
13.6 volts
6-9 amp
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 10-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Finally rewired the panels! And here are the readings this afternoon at around 3 pm in partial shade!
PV array
130 volts
.1 kw
Battery bank
13.6 volts
6-9 amp
Good move on the rewire. Did you also install the BMK/Shunt and set the specific Absorption phase completed value for your pack? You will need to obtain this number from your battery manufacturer and then calculate the value that should be entered into the BMK (multiplying it by the total pack size). If not and as mentioned by Doug above, your system will use a one-size-fits-all TIME value to determine when the Absorption charging phase is complete. This will almost certainly result in your pack being under or over charged. Andy’s situation is completely different from yours because his charging profile is set up for Lithiums, which have no need for Absorption/Float charging phases. BTW - if you plan on installing Lithiums and unless you like seeing your SOC, you can forget about adding a BMK

Your quoted numbers above only showed that the system had transitioned to Float or close to it. Whether or not it did so with Fully charged batteries is unknown without the BMK online and the correct values entered into the charging setup.
Old 10-13-2019

I have run fridges on propane for over 45 years. Never had a problem. On most you can set the power source as AUTO and it will switch from 120 to gas as son as you turn off 110 power. As for wiring the fridge to run on the inverter on my pt38 there are some plastic junction boxes in the curb side upper vcupboards. Simply remove the panels at the back of the cupboads and find the junction box that runs on the inverter. Run a wire from there to the fridge plug. But seems like a lot of work for nothing

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 10-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Good move on the rewire. Did you also install the BMK/Shunt and set the specific Absorption phase completed value for your pack? You will need to obtain this number from your battery manufacturer and then calculate the value that should be entered into the BMK (multiplying it by the total pack size). If not and as mentioned by Doug above, your system will use a one-size-fits-all TIME value to determine when the Absorption charging phase is complete. This will almost certainly result in your pack being under or over charged. Andy’s situation is completely different from yours because his charging profile is set up for Lithiums, which have no need for Absorption/Float charging phases. BTW - if you plan on installing Lithiums and unless you like seeing your SOC, you can forget about adding a BMK

Your quoted numbers above only showed that the system had transitioned to Float or close to it. Whether or not it did so with Fully charged batteries is unknown without the BMK online and the correct values entered into the charging setup.
Thank you, I didn’t install BMK yet! Had a lot going on and just wanted to get the “fire hazard” wires off the roof and make it safe! Hopefully, later at Q I will install the BMK.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org