Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 04-19-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Leese-Neville 160 amp Replacement Alternator

I like to carry a spare alternator with me at all times, just in case I need one if I'm stranded out in the boonies, with no parts house close by or not open at the time.

I sold my spare to another 'Bird owner who needed one while at Maxton, so I had to replace it. This is the one that I got, for around $200.00 including tax. It is a Leese-Neville Part No. 8LHA2070VE Sales No. 110-555JHO (J Mount)

http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_produc...esh=1208648883

Randy got me the last one down at the Freightliner dealer in Ocala, FL and with the price increase on them since I got the last one, and then adding shipping to me in South Carolina it was about the same price locally.

I purchased this one from Newton Truck Parts in Gaston, SC. their phone number is 1-800-849-7278 and they are easily found at Interstage 26 Exit 119 (Dixianna exit). Go west at the exit on US 21/176 to the BP gas station, then turn left onto the Access Road at the station and Newton's is about a mile or so on the right, look for their small sign. They had about 20 of these sitting on their display floor. Here is aGoogle map showing their location.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...12209&t=h&z=16

April 2014

We used the above alternator on the new CAT 3208T upgrade and this is the old alternator that I now carry as a spare, it was still working when we removed it, I just wanted all new parts on the engine upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPARE ALTERNATOR.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	35369  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11

Last edited by iamflagman; 04-29-2015 at 07:42 PM.