Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Fasco Heater Thermostat replacement

The Fasco Heater in our bedroom is having some issues. I had it out last year to clean it up. Worked fine on the bench. Reinstalled and now it does not work. Because it sits so close to the floor it looks like the knob has been kicked a few times. My guess is that the thermostat is my issue. I thought about replacing the thermostat with a like thermostat but they are obsolete.

Has anyone replaced the thermostat with a wall-type thermostat? I was thinking of putting a wall thermostat at the end of the bed by the water heater switch or on the drivers side wall near the Suburban thermostat.

I looked at replacing the Fasco with an updated unit but they are all of different dimensions and I doubt made as well as the old Fasco units.

If anyone else has done this please provide pics. It's starting to get cold up here in Indiana and I have a few more trips planned before it's time to winterize!

Craig & Michelle Shannon
Huntertown, IN
1982 FC 35 SB
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Might be a thermal fuse in there. I had one that liked to blow those occasionally.
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The control switch on the Fasco is adjustable. There is an Allen screw in the body of the switch that will adjust how the rotary shaft will contact the on / off micro switch. I adjusted mine as it was erratic turning on.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

i just looked back through my records and when I was working on my heaters I found an Eaton Mears switch that is supposed to be a usable replacement. spacare.com is the website and the P/N is 275-3123-01.
I did not end up needing one after I adjusted the original so can't say for sure but spacare cross referenced my original P/N and that is what they came up with as a usable replacement. $35.00 + $10.00 shipping was what I was quoted.
One other thing. The heater won't work unless the A/C switch above the drivers seat is on. Shut the A/C off @ the unit. ( that was another case of operator error on my part. LOL )
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Try here,

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ead.php?t=8660

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=18015
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Finally had time to dig into this again. Pulled heater out and wired up on my benchtop. Heater works fine! Went back to bus and tested AC supply to heater, No Juice! Yes, the switch at the drivers position was on and circuit breaker on. The rear AC unit works fine.

Pulled the cover off of AC panel in closet. 1 wire to circuit breaker. I followed the supply wire for heater back to a junction box by hot water heater. Connections look good, no sign of burning or corrosion. The junctions were sealed in a rubber covering. From there the wire disappears behind the cabinets on the passenger side. Does anyone know where the wires for the heater and rear AC join up?

Craig & Michelle Shannon
Huntertown, IN
1982 FC 35 SB
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Mystery Solved!

Hot wire at junction box by the hot water heater had come loose. KISS principle at work! Of course I had to make it difficult. I tried to get at the junction box for the heater and rear AC. BB did not want you to be able to get at that junction box! I was able to get the panel that is the back wall of the closet partially pulled out but not all the way out. I was afraid I was going to do more damage than good.

Thanks to all that responded! I did go ahead and order a couple of the thermostats from SpaCare. I ordered 2 of the 3 they had on hand. The body of the one I have is cracked and fear it was only a matter of time before it quit on me.

Craig & Michelle Shannon
Huntertown, IN
1982 FC 35 SB
Old 1 Week Ago

Default New Development

Heater ran fine for a few days. It quit working one day again. Pulled it back out and found the small strip of carpet that was just above it to be scorched! It appears the overheat switch did it's job and cut out the heater before we had a fire. That carpet will be gone now.

Now I need to find a replacement overheat switch, I think. I pulled it out. When I tested resistance I got 0's. Anyone know a good replacement? The numbers on the switch say Klixon 20601L5-A85 L200-2.5 S1V. The Google didn't come up with that particular number.

Craig & Michelle Shannon
Huntertown, IN
1982 FC 35 SB