Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds

Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds Other Coaches or anything else you have found for sale that others here might want to know about.

Site Search:

Old 08-06-2014

Default 1979 31' in FLA

https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/4605913696.html

Doesn't seem the current owner is listing any repairs made during his ownership, but it looks pretty nice.
lurker
Old 08-06-2014
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Thomson View Post
https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/4605913696.html

Doesn't seem the current owner is listing any repairs made during his ownership, but it looks pretty nice.
Now that is original fabrics! As you say, it looks pretty nice and "untouched" as far as modifications go.....

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion". SOLD
Stockbridge, GA
Old 08-06-2014

It's been for sale on and off for over a year:

Started out at $23K:
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=17487

Relisted with a Harley for the trailer:
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=18095

There was some discussion of a musty/moldy smell from a broken water line, perhaps that explains the recent carpet/furniture cleaning. I like the retro look, but can't work with a rear bath...
Old 08-06-2014

time to get off the fence and into action. These older coaches are a dream waiting to be on the road again. I love the simple dash in the older units. Have to believe the newer dashes are just trouble waiting to happen from a maintenance standpoint.
Looking for 87 (FC or PT)
4x4 Sportsmobile 7.3
Old 08-06-2014

The only maintenance issue with the newer dash- if a switch goes bad. Trouble waiting to happen- I'm on my 4th Bird- never a concern. And I've been involved with Birds since 1982
www.ernieekbergflooring.net
Old 11-06-2014

Hi everyone, I need some advice. I looked at this Bird today. And am seriously considering it. He had some trouble getting some systems to function. Stove, levelers etc. I'm going back tomorrow to give him a chance to sort things out. Shower water lines are broken. How hard to repair? Has new generator. Runs great. Went for a ride. Seems to run great
To me. He just returned from a 600 mile trip. Tires 7 yo ( i know )but look perfect. No rot. Engine seems to have been maintained. He said recently put in lifetime hoses and belts. Is there such a thing? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm in a hotel on my phone. So limited resources. Thanks in advance. Tom wunder 910-386 8851 boatman1197@yahoo.com I'm not sure if signature is working. Etc. Bear with me. Sorry. It's a 1979 rb 31

Tom Wunder
Wilmington, NC
1979 FC31RB
Echo
A Thing From The Past. A Gift For The Future
Old 11-06-2014

Well, I could not find any pictures still available and I am not an expert; but, if you like it and the price is right for you - go for it! That is, if you are able and willing to do most of the maintance work yourself - even if it is in really good shape it will still need lots of TLC!

I do not think there is any such thing as lifetime belts and hoses - unless it is a manufactures brand (not a common one from what I know). Unless you get receipts and records I would count on changing fluids and belts in near future (piece of mind on the road).
There is a buyers checklist that you might find helpful - a simple search should bring it up!

Water lines can be replaced but expect it to be time consuming - lots of people have replaced the copper and have detailed what they did!
Stove could just have propane valve closed under cover - or not waiting long enough for propane to reach pilot if off for extended time.
Levellers can be repaired - but I would not consider them show stopper.
the (SLO-CAN) :
Old 11-06-2014

Thanks Kevin. The owner called after I left and said the stove is working. As you said it probably just needed more time for bbc.co the gas to flow.

Tom Wunder
Wilmington, NC
1979 FC31RB
Echo
A Thing From The Past. A Gift For The Future
Old 11-06-2014

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...read.php?t=563

Here is the link to the checklist - I didn't use anything like this but it covers all the systems so you will have an idea of what works and what does not!

But even then it depends on the present owners knowledge! I just figured out that my bathroom heaters works just fine - just needs to be cool enough
the (SLO-CAN) :
Old 11-07-2014

Tires are good for 10 years at least if they are name brand and have been exercised from time to time, so you have a few years to make that investment. Broken water lines may mean it has frozen at some point so you may find yourself chasing split pipes in difficult to reach spots. Not a big deal if you are handy and flexible.
Side Bath
3208NA (for now....)