Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Feedback

Feedback Have an idea or suggestion to make this forum better? Put it out there in the open so the Blue Bird community can talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 07-13-2017
Gardner

I think the forum is great, but many of the users don't use it well. One sore point is a failure to update a problem post with the final fix. Another is getting way off topic, but I do that as much as the next guy, so that's not really an issue
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 07-13-2017

Smile PICTURES!!!!

When you are taking pictures with your iPhone or Android and post it you might have it upside down according to this vBullitin software. Your device knows what side is up but the Vbullitin software does not. I routinely take pics the wrong way but never had an issue with it until I post on this forum. It doesn't matter if you transfer to a laptop vBullitin still sees it the wrong way. You have to edit and save.. then save again. Am I making sense? A new version of the software probably has this fixed. It would be nice to just post and not have to worry about this issue.

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 07-13-2017

No forum is perfect. Consider for every change you might make there would likely be as many for as against. I am not suggesting that good suggestions shouldn't be implemented but I don't think we have much to complain about.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 07-13-2017

Copied from another forum:

"Thread subjects should properly describe the content of the thread. Thread subjects like: "What's this?", "Why isn't it working?", "I have a question", "This is cool" etc. are to be avoided."

Though this forum is truly a wonderful social gathering, it is, more than that.

Forum software is quite sophisticated. Behind the scenes it is building a vast database of information. One that, at some point, provides near complete answers.

Most searches bring to all of us a selection of thread topics. It helps no one to have the answer to a leveling jack issue hidden behind a thread titled "help". There is just never enough time to peruse all the thread topics, especially the ones that have the most generic tittles, even if the answer may lie within.

My discounted bird less 2 cents.
Old 07-13-2017

While I agree quoting with embedded pictures is a waste of time and space, I much prefer embedded pictures over attachment pictures. Forum users need to learn to quote without the pictures.

I wish the "What did you do to your bus today" thread was just for small blurbs like was mentioned with a link to a new thread if the project ends up with more detailed information. It should stay open though.

Some subforums have way too many stickied threads. Some of which have pretty limited information, and could probably go down the chain.
Alpine, Texas
Full Timing
1989 WB 40 "Roll'n Home"
Blog: www.rhhelpers.com
Old 07-13-2017

Would like to see titles updated in "For Sale" section when item is sold to "SOLD - Original Title".
Old 07-14-2017

Default What is it that you "do not like" about the WOG forum.

The long threads.
For example the one about seeing a BB, every month wipe it clean.

Hijacking of threads, I have to admit that I have done this a couple of times as well, this makes things cluttered and hard to find the answers etc.

To Randy and his elves, just keep doing what you are doing, if others come up with very useful items that could be implemented, go for it, but for the last 10+ years things have been going well.
Old 07-14-2017

Posting photos is hard to do and the photo size being 800 pix I have to re-edit my photos down in size as I have not posted 800 pix images in years to any other sites.

I am using images that are 1920x1080 HD size for the last few years. This is the only site I go to that wants an 800 pix image plus I have to self-host it and grab a link to put in all this take way to much time.

I would like to see the website area wider like all other sites now days I use a large monitor and the WOG only fills maybe 50% of my screen it should be full size and auto adjust to the screen size a responsive site.
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB
Old 07-14-2017

Honestly, I have no complaints, I am a happy customer. If it was not for the WOG where else would we go? I am thankful everyone chips in and helps to whatever extent they can. I have seen the posts when someone is on the side of the road and lots of people take the time to offer advice and parts.

mark kitchens
Athens, Tx
1995 WB42
C: 214 477 3757
markkitch@aol.com
Old 07-14-2017

thanks to this forum I have met and become friends with people from all over the US and Canada. If it wasn't WOG this never would have happened. Taking care of these coaches is important but not nearly as much as taking care of each other.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656