Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 05-25-2018
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
It had a seal around turbo go out and I had that repaired. I also had the turbo reworked. I added 2 roof airs as the Cruisairs weren't very effective
Ohh,i remember you fixing the oil leak now.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-25-2018
Slow Learner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg View Post
PO bought 4 22.5 wheels you see laying on top of the wood and wool floors I installed.
Hey! I put down cardboard! The floors are still nice.

Marcelino, it sounds like you have the expertise to handle most of the restoration. Like Ernie said, it sat for at least six years. Fuel, oil, antifreeze, all the bodily fluids (as Ernie calls 'em) need to be changed out. If they haven't put new tires on...drive straight to the closest tire store.

I wouldn't worry too much about rust...oil leaks are great rust preventative.

But when you look at it, take a sight line from back to front down the curbside. I believe that the bus took a hard hit sometime in it's history which created a distinct curve in the body. You can see repairs on the curbside bay doors which are now flaking off. And if you look above the kitchen window, under the awning, you'll see a dented area which was not repaired. I always had a suspicion that the body was not aligned on the frame.

The levelers are leaking, the step doesn't work, the hydraulic generator slide ram is leaking, the suspension leveling valves are sticking especially roadside. It doesn't hold air for more than 15 minutes or so after shutdown. But those things can be fixed.

I've traced the history on the bus back to the early 90's when a couple from Ohio bought it at auction (per Carfax). A couple of WOG'ers owned it and then me.

I've seen old forum posts about the engine being rebuilt after a rag was sucked into the turbo...years ago. The odometer hasn't worked for years and people who should know say it has well north of 300,000 miles on it.

I know Ernie is rooting for you to restore his old bus. I'm afraid my wallet did not match the size of the project. Maybe yours (combined with your skills) will. I'll be rooting for you,too. Keep us posted if you buy. I'm sending a PM with a little additional information.

Best of luck,

Mike
2007 Coachmen Mirada 300QB
Old 05-25-2018

They did get it running, but I’ll have to see how well it runs.
Old 05-26-2018

it had a strong engine. I made many trips to Montana, California, Wisconsin, Indiana and east coast.
Ron Marabito owned it before me
www.ernieekbergflooring.net