Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 05-07-2019

Default Subaru lock steering mod

I'd like to consider a Subaru for a toad. A cursory google search finds little helpful info on disabling the locked steering wheel on said vehicle. Any of you have any knowledge regarding such a mod?
Thanks
Old 05-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoote View Post
I'd like to consider a Subaru for a toad. A cursory google search finds little helpful info on disabling the locked steering wheel on said vehicle. Any of you have any knowledge regarding such a mod?
Thanks
You can tow a manual Subaru 4 down no worries, you can not tow a automatic.
To unlock the steering just unlock the steering turn off and leave the key in the ignition, once you pull it out it locks the steering. You can lock the car with the key in the ignition just lock all the doors put a the key in the ignition unlock the steering, lock the door from inside or use another key to lock from outside. I tow a 17 forrester some other WOG members pull Subaru’s. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
Old 05-07-2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
You can tow a manual Subaru 4 down no worries, you can not tow a automatic.
To unlock the steering just unlock the steering turn off and leave the key in the ignition, once you pull it out it locks the steering. You can lock the car with the key in the ignition just lock all the doors put a the key in the ignition unlock the steering, lock the door from inside or use another key to lock from outside. I tow a 17 forrester some other WOG members pull Subaru’s. Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
Same here , We have two toads one is a 2012 Forester manual
Old 05-07-2019

Towed a '17 Forester MT about 10,000 miles. Just shut off and leave keys in. I went one step further and disconnected battery, but not required.

Back to wanna be status

Last edited by shaaksma; 05-08-2019 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Correction:10K miles, not 15,000
Old 05-07-2019

What??? That simple? I can do that! Thanks folks for clearing the air.
Jon
Old 05-08-2019

2018 is last year for the MT Forester. Subaru is now limited to the WRX and Crosstrek/Impresa

My '17 has the Blue Ox base plate, minor modification required, but not to the plastic fascia. Also installed diodes at tail lights, ran a flat four to the bus for turn/tail/brake lights. No holes in rear tails required.

Back to wanna be status