Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 04-14-2012
Itchintogo

Default No Water What is This?

Well I am trying to get water into the bus. Last year I had cold water but no hot water so it was suggested to me that a Versa Valve was the culprit.

Well today I hooked up the water again and now I have no water at all. I have taken some pictures of some parts that I am not sure of. Seems pretty complex in there. I have found a green valve for purging the system with air I believe so that is shut off no no water can enter the air tanks.

1. The first picture is mysterious part #1. Is it a pressure regulator? There seems to be some sort of adjustment on the top but I can't get it to budge? Does it turn? There was a hand written note in their from 1991 saying the pressure regulator was new along with the HWH.

2. Second picture is an overview of the system with HWH.

3. Third picture is the system under the bed. Someone cut the wires off a sporlan on the right and seem to have added a new sporlan on the left.

4. Close of the system under the bed. Is this some kind of valve here that I am looking at. I am trying to figure out what is stopping the water flow.

I have cycled the tank fill switch with the water on and off but to no avail yet. My next step will be to shut the water off and take apart the Sporlan I guess or try to find out what mysterious part #1 is.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Pressure Regulator.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	15755   Click image for larger version

Name:	HotWaterOverview.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	15756   Click image for larger version

Name:	WaterSystem.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	15757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	15758  
Old 04-14-2012

Picture # 4 is a Sporlan Valve. You might try getting the kink out of the hose.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 04-14-2012
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Picture # 4 is a Sporlan Valve. You might try getting the kink out of the hose.
Good catch Rick. By the way I'm sure the hosing is simple RV water line hose. A couple of us were wondering about this the other day and lo and behold I had to remove my silver nitrite water filter. The hosing connected to it turned out to be simple RV water line. It has thinner walls but the 3/8" fitting do seal up with Jubilee clamps
Old 04-14-2012
Itchintogo

I will take the kink out but that is not what is holding things up. I did have water last year on the cold side. There must be a valve stuck somewhere. Something tells me it is mysterious part number one.
Old 04-14-2012

picture #1 is a pressure regulator.
Picture #2 is obviously the hot water tank
#3 The white cylinder is an accumulator tank
#4 is the sporlan valve as Rick said. That is the valve that selectd whether you are using city water or filling your tank. As Rick said the kink in the hose may be your problem.

This is just like the layout of Graham's bus before I redid the bedroom.
96wb42
Mid Door

Last edited by Rob Robinson; 04-14-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2012

If you have no water in the coach, do you really need to shut off the water to pull the 4 screws in the sporlan? Pretty good chance that kinky hose is giving you no flow or at least, reduced flow.

Does the on-board fresh water tank contain water?

The water system appears to be non-standard.

Just grab a couple of bath towels to soak up any water that may dribble...

Did you de-winterize the system? Close the HWH drain, close the low-point drain, water heater switch set on fill, on-board water pump on or off etc.
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401

Last edited by giderich; 04-14-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: punctuation fix'd
Old 04-14-2012
Itchintogo

Ok here is what I have learned today. The tank fill switch has to have the water pump on to fill the tanks. I thought it would fill from city water pressure but no... the pump has to be on. Not sure if that is the way it is supposed to be.

I have put water into the water tanks and it pumps through the bus except now the bathroom sink seems fussy about it. So I started crawling around and discovered the water lines split and go down each side of the bus right by the water tanks. They do not cross under the floor at some point as I had thought.

So left hand side feeds hot and cold to bathroom

Right hand side feeds kitchen sink.

Have plenty of pressure hot and cold now on kitchen side after filling HWH. Last year I was scared I may be filling my air tanks so I never did get the HWH filled. I did not have tools after flying to pick the bus up.So everything is good on the galley side and I have the HWH heating so I can make sure the lines are as I think.

The bathroom is a different story. The toilet is good and the shower is good cold side only. The bathroom sink tap was good cold but now has stopped. I have looked for a Hot water valve for the left side but can not see anything.

So maybe I have to take the bathroom tap off and see if there is a blockage?

Unless someone tells me of a secret hot water valve I don't know about. Both the bathroom sink and tub have no hot water. It is definitely a left hand side problem.

Still can not use city water pressure for running water. Might be that kink and that will be the next thing I adjust but that line also fills the tank so I don't think that is it.

Last edited by Itchintogo; 04-14-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2012
Itchintogo

Hey Peter

Thanks for identifying the regulator. I suspected it was that but not sure. I know know that it is not the problem as the galley has good water.

Hey Dick

Yes I did close the low points and last fall when I could not figure out how to purge the system I took the hose off the water pump on the feed side and put my Air compressor to it and blew out the lines.

Somewhere I have a line blockage on the hot side for the bathroom. I noticed some black crude when getting the cold to flush through so I may have to disconnect the lines and blow some air through them with my air compressor to clear them.
Old 04-14-2012
Itchintogo

After a minute of thinking about this I thought....wait a minute...I know this problem.

Took the aerator off the bathroom sink tap and presto! Gunk came out and hot and cold water a plenty! Love it when it is something simple.

Now I will have to clean out the shower valve assembly too I think.

Last edited by Itchintogo; 04-14-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2012

BINGO
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656