Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 10-02-2008

Default New 2009 BB at Parliment Coach

Only seeing the new coaches in photos so far, This one is miles ahead of what I've seen so far. Macy and the boys are looking good. My only quip is the bathroom sink, but what the heck, I could learn to love it.

http://www.parliamentcoach.com/NEW%20COACHES/bb00c%2009%20bb/PHOTOSPECS.htm

Kurt Horvath
95 PT 42
10 AC
Old 10-02-2008

Thumbs up

What a nice coach. Well done Blue Bird

Bob & Noelle Buscher
The Dog House
2006 M450 LXi
Elkhorn, NE
Old 10-03-2008
Senior

These are only my opinions of what I like and are irrespective of the cost<thats a copout maybe>. Different schools of thought among us I see. Its a work of art but then I would not feel comfortable and able to relax in a work of art that is so busy. Especially the ceilings, looks like the opening of the Wizard of Oz on the ceiling. I travel to relax, read and meet people. That means neutral colors, no gold chandeliers or stone wash basins(unless I am at hunting camp). And that TV planted right in the bedroom window sill that rises on command would be a bear to watch unless its midnight and dark. Have you ever tried to watch TV in front of a bright window????

Then there is no access to the top of the coach but there is a wind wing at the rear to I guess hold the rear of the coach down in high speed maneuvers<smiling>. Being able to get access to the roof and not worry about denting the top or having to walk on tippy toes is one of the strong points of previous Bluebirds. There is nothing else like our older coaches in that respect. And of course no rear ladder to the roof. How do you work on the roof airs, satellite system etc?????

The awnings are to high in my opinion to be able to sit under in the rain and read.

Bottom line is that I just love my 1985 PT40 and honest to god I would not trade it for the 2009 Bluebird. But then I am not expecting my phone to ring from Macy with the offer to trade me either <grinning>.
6V92
Old 10-03-2008

Good points WB. As I look closer I see they removed the stack from the top. I'm not sure about every one else but I love how a blue Bird sounds. Not to mention the fumes on the ground. Also the ladder and walkways is a big deal. I never store any thing up there but I bet I’m on the roof once a week to wash or repair and maintenance. The awing on my 03 Bird can with stand 30+ wind guest The one on the 09 I’m not sure. The last thing is with the big price tag and with the economy the way it is a 40' option would be nice.

Bob & Noelle Buscher
The Dog House
2006 M450 LXi
Elkhorn, NE
Old 10-03-2008
Senior

Bob the ladder and walkway so you can both access the roof and walk on it safely is a big deal from one very important customer standpoint. There are few places that will even work on a Bluebird and many areas where there is no service at all which almost forces the owner to be able to do some of the work themselves. I have a aluminum air lift in my garage that extends to 40 feet with a work area at the top that is 8' by 2.5' in area with rails. I have no problem getting to any level of the coach including the 2009 Bluebird but have no way to access the roof to work on something then. This seems like a very serious problem to me and wonder if anyone got former owners opinions on this? Maybe I am way off base and people that put that money into their new coach dont even think about such things. Boy getting my hands greasy is one of the joys of life and although there are some things that I now leave to the professionals that I TRUST to work on my coach for lots of the maintenance and upgrades I do it. Maybe the owners of vintage Bluebirds are just out of touch with reality.
6V92
Old 10-03-2008

Howdy, Tom.

I agree with your 2 posts. In my opinion, the 2009 BB interior is too busy. The dark brown, faux wood grain cabinets look so plastic-y and cheap. There is no continuity in the interior design. The KISS principle has not been applied. Oh well, I'm not in the market for another coach. We'll keep our 1993.

Regards,
Liz
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 10-03-2008
Forum owner

Tom,Liz and everybody else.
i'm still living in the 90s i guess,the way i like to travel,and the places i like to stay at kind of dictate what my coach is like.
i don't need a slideout with only 2 people on board,i like wood floors (no carpets)
i like the ladder on the back and the goat fence on the top,for the same reasons Tom likes them,maintinace and being able to wash the roof.
i like the Zip-Dee awnings (i'm a chrome or polished aluim kind of guy).
i like the exhaust through the roof too.

funny thing,i had an 84PT40 when the 91-97 wbs were being built,i fell in love with the wide body coachs.

when the 98 - 2009 coachs came out i never felt the same way,while they are awesome coachs,i just never got that warm fuzzy feeling about them.
for the record,i don't like new cars either,the KISS factor i guess.

I'm sure glad everyone does not feel the same way,if they did,we would all still be riding horse's!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 10-03-2008
davidmbrady

Ditto what everyone's saying. It's my wife who wants the slides! I'd be very happy in an older slide-less coach, but I've had the LXi for 4 years now, and neither the slide nor the air seal has ever failed. With three of us traveling, the space is very, very nice. Especially when Danny spreads out his toys.

Along with what everyone else has said about the older coaches, with which I wholeheartedly agree, I'd like to add the items that I can't let go of:

-HWH jacks that can lift the bus off the ground,
-electroluminescent blue dashboard,
-heavy truck-style c-channel backbone,
-genny exhaust option: out-the-side or out-the-roof,
-stick axle front suspension (KISS),
-lots of CCC, I've got over 5000lbs,
-musical horns playing those old hokey tunes,
-those whacky things that make it a Wanderlodge: air operated sliding entryway cover, air operated door lock, floodlight spotter on the roof, 4 ways to heat, 3 ways to cool, 3 ways to power (diesel, propane, or shore), etc,
-steel, steel, and more steel! (lol)
-the many admirers who single me out and tell me that my coach is the prettiest they've seen!

The coach always entertains, at the campground, and on the road!

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC
Old 10-03-2008

Guys,

The important thing is that Blue Bird Coachworks produced it. A feat none the less! I think Macy and the BB team ought to be applauded.

I questioned some of BB's taste in designing colors in the 90's till present. But to each their own. I know that my taste may not be another’s.

Theses coaches are custom in a sense. Heck, if you wanted a ladder with diamond plating on the roof I am sure they would do it for you. Same goes for the sinks and whatever your heart desires. When you’re dealing with 3/4 mill to a million dollars I am sure Macy would make the changes to make you happy!

The reason (so I've heard) that the exhaust dumps out at the bumper is due to the 2007 new diesel laws. The exhaust gets really hot (2000+ degrees) because of pollutants being burned off before it exits. I don't think you'd want that charring your bedroom!

Hey I wish I could afford one some day!

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"
Old 10-03-2008

Smile 09 Bluebird Tampa RV Show

I made my plane reservations today for the 2009 Tampa RV Show. I would love drive my 85 PT 40 but at 98 bucks round trip from Wilmington N.C I think Ill fly. I hope the new and improved Bluebird from last year will be there. Lee&Geraldine 85 PT Holden Beach N.C