Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-03-2013

Default FC Inline Coolant Heater (waterline shutoff valves)

I am going to replace the original inline coolant heater with a new PHILLIPS & TEMRO Series 41 Heater. It appears to be the same heater except the it installs the opposite way (ie: upside down from the way the original was installed).

So, my question. While crawling around under the engine checking hoses etc - I located 4 shutoff valves. The front sporlan valves (one for front heat and one for summer/winter heat have been removed and replaced with manual valves. The other 2 valves are on the return line from the chassis heat (hot water tank & heaters) - why did BB install 2, one right by the engine inlet (curb side) and another one on the opposite side by the battery box? These valves are installed as per the blueprint supplied by BB. (See attached photo of blueprint)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	25101  
the (SLO-CAN) :
Old 10-04-2013
Administrator

maybe to isolate the heater/HWT loop if a leak should occur,
or to drain the radiator and 3208 for maintenance and repair without draining the entire system
Old 10-04-2013

As usual, Bill is correct. You will appreciate those valves when radiator removal day comes.
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-04-2013

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Not quite rad removal time (no swing rad on this one), but I do have to drain the Rad/Block to change the pump and replace a few lines.

Some days I wonder if my list is getting shorter - I don't think so! Need the heater to work cause planning on driving to FL then CA, leaving here Dec 1st
the (SLO-CAN) :