Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 04-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
someone here may know the bird in question,and nobody here will steal it from you.
email me or Rick or Jim W,maybe we know the coach.
Randy, sounds like this one...

http://www.rvt.com/Bluebird-Wanderlo...57634-UX205651
Old 04-19-2017

Yes Dam that's the one
Old 04-19-2017

Not much info to go on in the ad. I think the "550 Detroit engine" should read 450. Or possibly 475.
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 04-19-2017
Forum owner

it has nice paint,wonder how old the pics are?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-19-2017

I live in Fort Wayne. Will be home Friday but probably could not look at it until Saturday afternoon. Sunday as well.
I am by no means a pro to the level many on the forum are but I can certainly tell you if it's there and review everything I can for you and if you want to get more serious about the coach.

Feel free to call me if needed 260-414-3253
260-414-3253
Jonadair68@yahoo.com
Old 04-19-2017

Thanks I'll call you
Old 04-19-2017
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt2484 View Post
Thanks I'll call you
Welcome to the Power of WOG!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-19-2017

More than happy to help. Call me tomorrow sometime and we can make arrangements so you can contact them and see when they can show it to me..
I hope it's a real thing. It looks nice from the few pictures. Fort Wayne is not that big so shouldn't be hard to get to if it's here.
260-414-3253
Jonadair68@yahoo.com
Old 04-19-2017
Forum owner

heres an email i got from a wog member a few minutes ago.
Not bashing the coach,just passing on some info.

. I'm reading the wog tonight and notice someone is very curious about a 1987 pt 40 in ft Wayne Indiana. I really need to join yalls group and will work on this in the near future. Hopefully you can pass this info on to interested party as I can't contact him directly. I just got back to the ranch on a 2600 mile trip in 48 hrs. I went to ft Wayne to buy this bus but it wasn't quite what I expected when I got there. Just little back story here lady that owns it name is Karen Bennet. They've owned it for 2 years. They bought it from Florida and full timed for 2 years until husband was diagnosed with cancer. Apparently it's very bad. He only has days from what I understand. I didn't ask too many questions. She's is a nurse and works so getting in contact with her is sometimes challenging but it is possible. The bus shows very well in pictures. The paint is faded a lot more than it shows in pictures. Bus needs tires in my opinion. Steer tires are Michelin but are cracking around bead drive tires are Chinese but showed no cracking that I could see. Bus was not aired up so could not see tread to check for cracking. I pulled dip stick on motor and there's was NO oil on stick so I never started Detroit. I started gennny and it fired right up. Front Ac had been replaced and it blowed cold. Middle Ac wasn't all that cold and back didn't even come on. I'm not all that sharp on the systems so a switch somewhere could've been the problem. I don't know. The bus in general was in very good shape on the inside. One thing that caught my eye was headliner in bedroom was sagging on curb side. Don't know if this is from leak or something else but it's there. She swore everything worked on it. Built in coffee pot, built in toaster, blender, and ice maker. Couch is there but chairs are gone. Full box of records! I didn't dig through things but there was a lot of history there from what I could tell. Original owner had well preserved everything. They are second owner by the way. I could go on for days about it but that is general summary of what I saw. Like I said I went up there to drive it home but the paint was major turn off for me. Not that someone else would have a problem with it but it was for me. A 30 year old bus with good paint may not be reasonable. I may be looking for something that doesn't exist. Who knows? Pass this along if you would like hope it helps someone. Feel free to pass my number along if you'd like. I would kinda like to help this poor lady out if I could. She's in a bad way. She basically told me she needed to sell it to bury her husband when the time came. By the way I'm still looking

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 04-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
heres an email i got from a wog member a few minutes ago.
Not bashing the coach,just passing on some info.

. I'm reading the wog tonight and notice someone is very curious about a 1987 pt 40 in ft Wayne Indiana. I really need to join yalls group and will work on this in the near future. Hopefully you can pass this info on to interested party as I can't contact him directly. I just got back to the ranch on a 2600 mile trip in 48 hrs. I went to ft Wayne to buy this bus but it wasn't quite what I expected when I got there. Just little back story here lady that owns it name is Karen Bennet. They've owned it for 2 years. They bought it from Florida and full timed for 2 years until husband was diagnosed with cancer. Apparently it's very bad. He only has days from what I understand. I didn't ask too many questions. She's is a nurse and works so getting in contact with her is sometimes challenging but it is possible. The bus shows very well in pictures. The paint is faded a lot more than it shows in pictures. Bus needs tires in my opinion. Steer tires are Michelin but are cracking around bead drive tires are Chinese but showed no cracking that I could see. Bus was not aired up so could not see tread to check for cracking. I pulled dip stick on motor and there's was NO oil on stick so I never started Detroit. I started gennny and it fired right up. Front Ac had been replaced and it blowed cold. Middle Ac wasn't all that cold and back didn't even come on. I'm not all that sharp on the systems so a switch somewhere could've been the problem. I don't know. The bus in general was in very good shape on the inside. One thing that caught my eye was headliner in bedroom was sagging on curb side. Don't know if this is from leak or something else but it's there. She swore everything worked on it. Built in coffee pot, built in toaster, blender, and ice maker. Couch is there but chairs are gone. Full box of records! I didn't dig through things but there was a lot of history there from what I could tell. Original owner had well preserved everything. They are second owner by the way. I could go on for days about it but that is general summary of what I saw. Like I said I went up there to drive it home but the paint was major turn off for me. Not that someone else would have a problem with it but it was for me. A 30 year old bus with good paint may not be reasonable. I may be looking for something that doesn't exist. Who knows? Pass this along if you would like hope it helps someone. Feel free to pass my number along if you'd like. I would kinda like to help this poor lady out if I could. She's in a bad way. She basically told me she needed to sell it to bury her husband when the time came. By the way I'm still looking
I was wondering what happened to this guy. I got a call the day before yesterday from him wanting to know if I was available to help him out with looking at this bus. I told him I was in the middle of getting ready to head to Myrtle Beach but for him to call me when he gets in the area and I would try to get up there. Never got another call, so I assumed he managed on his own, but apparently he was turned off by it. Too bad too. Seemed like a nice guy and drove a heck of a long way to look at it and not buy it. Hopefully he will find what he is looking for.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN