Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Hurricane Fuel Leak

We're having 4 days of below freezing weather and the bedroom electric heater broke. I decided I needed more heat and turned on the diesel for the Hurricane. Previously the Hurricane was running only with the electric heating elements on.

I began to smell diesel and checked the bay. Diesel fuel was leaking out of the Hurricane and dripping onto the exhaust pipe. There was about a half cup of diesel on the compartment floor below the Hurricane.

(The electric heater below the bathroom sink had blown its internal protection fuse when I was playing with the breakers and relays in the rear PDU. That fuse could be manually reset without even removing the unit, so that's fixed).

Does anyone have any suggestions about dealing with the Hurricane fuel leak?

Thanks.
Old 1 Week Ago

You are going to have to open up the cover and determine the location of the leak. There are several hoses inside and connections that could be the source.
Old 2 Days Ago

I removed the front cover, which allows access to the back of the burner, and the left cover, which allows access to the pumps. There is no visible diesel fuel leakage in either compartment.

It seems to be leaking somewhere farther inside the burner area. Leakage is eventually coming out from below the Hurricane unit and dripping right beside and behind the exhaust pipe.

Next time I open it, I'll remove the burner assembly from the front. I need to review the manual before I take that step. There are 4 nuts around the burner plate and then some screws surrounding the burner plate. It looks like removing the nuts is the next step to take off the burner plate.
Old 2 Days Ago

Are you sure the fuel is coming from the Hurricane? It is in the same bay as the fuel tank. The corrugated SS floor could cause a leak from somewhere else in the compartment to leak out at a hole in the floor where you are seeing it. The exhaust of the Hurricane is such a hole in the floor. Just a few thoughts. I had a leak in my 380 fuel tank. You really don’t want to know what it took to find it. Good luck to you with yours.
Old 2 Days Ago

Had a Hurricane coolant leak and repaired it several years ago. See HERE starting at post #27, for several posts. Although not diesel, steps to discover & fix the cause might be similar. On mine, coolant was leaking out of the H case and pooling on the corrugated floor panels below.
Old 2 Days Ago

There is fuel on the bottom surface of the Hurricane. It's leaking from the right corner (facing into the bay)of the support baseplate that the bottom surface of the Hurricane is mounted on. I'm not sure if a leak directly from the fuel tank could reach that point?
Old 2 Days Ago

I learned a lot about Hurricanes from a set of Al Patzke YouTube videos and don’t recall seeing a link to them on WOG. This specific link takes you to the chapter that shows, among other things, the flow of fuel from the external connection all the way to the burner along with all the components involved. There are several hoses and connection points so it might help isolate where the fuel is leaking in order for it to settle in the place you’re seeing it.

http://youtu.be/aQyzeuUtNrQ
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexspeed View Post
I learned a lot about Hurricanes from a set of Al Patzke YouTube videos and don’t recall seeing a link to them on WOG. This specific link takes you to the chapter that shows, among other things, the flow of fuel from the external connection all the way to the burner along with all the components involved. There are several hoses and connection points so it might help isolate where the fuel is leaking in order for it to settle in the place you’re seeing it.

http://youtu.be/aQyzeuUtNrQ
Thank you! That's not exactly the same model I have, but it's very similar and helps a lot in understanding what I'm looking at.